Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

Help! I think my 8 year-old is getting ready to start her period!!

Posted by   + Show Post

Her breasts have been very tender for about a week, she is very emotional, and last night it seemed as though she had spots of dark blood in her panties--SHE IS ONLY EIGHT YEARS OLD!!  She turns 9 next month but SERIOUSLY??  Has anyone else has a daughter start this early?

by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:36 PM
Replies (11-19):
Girlzmachine
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:36 PM

And she already has breasts? Wow! I have a 10 and 11 yr old and they haven't started yet. I am nervous to know it's coming soon.

MsCryStyle
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:13 AM
I started at 9 years old, I was devastated. At least by the time my friends started (at 12+) I was a pro.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stacey1081975
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:08 AM

Yes my daughter started at 9(this June and her born day is July 25). You will get used to it trust me. Also when she came on her arm was in a cast so I had to wash her up and help her change her pads. She is great with it now and so am I . I have been talking to her aboutit since she was 7 so when it happened she was like Mama I'm on, just like that no tears, no panic, she fully understood what was going to happen and was ok with it. I cried to myself for about three days and moved on. I started at nine and so did my mother .

TrulyMicka
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:58 AM

no but my baby is 10 &she cramps every month but nothing yet! she has little nobs for breasts...last month she was emotional...im not ready either but it is not uncommon to for a young girl to start her period at that age. Good luck mama i feel your pain

ladysharon72
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:58 AM
My daughter started right after her 10th birthday. I've been talking to her since she was 8. Reason being she ask me what a pad was i purchasing them in the store. So i told her. You have to educate her. Its natural and ok to ask questions. Best of luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jinxmom
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:43 AM

(HUGS) mama like pp have said get her prepared for what's happening to her body and don't forget to tell her that she'll have them every month until she's at least 50 lol (didn't explain that to my dd when she was 12) the look on her face the next month it came and i told her she'll have them until about 50 was priceless.

SexyDiva19
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:05 AM

I started my period at either 8 or 9. I started growing breasts one year and got my period the next. I have no advice on how to handle that and since I have a ds I would be of no help but good luck!

honeycomb03
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:53 AM
I started mine when I was 8 y/o
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
meka26
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:47 PM

I started at age 10 I think. I can't remember. I thought the same about dd, she's 9. I'm dreading it, but we talk about it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN