Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

laundry caught on fire!

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:26 AM
  • 19 Replies

I really dont know how it happened! I took a load out of the dryer..they were still hot as usual bc the cycle hadnt finished. I just grabbed them out & stuffed them in the basket (a tall white plastic basket)  & put in another load. Went to go watch whatever I was watching, about 15mins I started to get a headache...then 30mins I smell something. I ask bf did he smell something so we get up search the entire house...nothing. So i go open the windows bc kiddies were asleep...we go outside to see if there was a fire or if the neighbors house was on fire...nothing! Go back inside its stronger ..my dryer is near the front door so i look over there & then I see the smoke coming out of the basket!! Wth?? so he drags it out...I grab some clothes out of the top & in the middle my clothes was just burning like hell so we get some water & put it out...finally found a wash cloth that was burned to what look like coal! I dont know how that happened..Im so confused! No explanation! The only thing that i can think about is all the static Ive been having in my body all weekend...everything I touched i got shocked..every door I touched..i went to sams & every freezer door! when when i kissed my bf on the lips that hurt the most! lol..that ish was crazy tho bc i almost came upstairs & went to sleep!...Just thanking God that everything was ok...I can replace a few sheets & hand towels...gotta get that burnt smell out! anyway...how was everyone else's weekend? :)

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TrulyMicka
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:02 PM

BUMP!

Stacey1081975
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 3:10 PM

great compared to yours. wow that is crazy. you ok?

KymberleeAnn
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:30 PM

Wow, what an adventure, I happy you are okay. My weekend was a nice one we did some clothes shopping for our children that's about it.

KymberleeAnn
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:31 PM

Bump

Hottmomma607
by Group Mod - Trica on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:07 PM
Wow! Girk glad you're ok! And family!
My weekend was ok!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
michaelsmom25
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:18 AM
Wow that's crazy. Glad you and your fam are OK. Good thing you were home too, it could have been really bad.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TrulyMicka
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:32 PM

yes we are..thanks:) I had a little headache I guess from the fumes...Im just happy I didnt go to bed!

Quoting Stacey1081975:

great compared to yours. wow that is crazy. you ok?

TrulyMicka
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:34 PM

I know...from now on im shaking the clothes out before I put them in the baskets & not doing launddry before bed or when im leaving...I always do both!

Quoting michaelsmom25:

Wow that's crazy. Glad you and your fam are OK. Good thing you were home too, it could have been really bad.

TrulyMicka
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:35 PM

LOL It was! I need to do what you guys did...where did you go??

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

Wow, what an adventure, I happy you are okay. My weekend was a nice one we did some clothes shopping for our children that's about it.

TrulyMicka
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:37 PM

Thanks..mine was ok too..til sunday night..Im still puzzled...this ish crazy!

Quoting Hottmomma607:

Wow! Girk glad you're ok! And family!
My weekend was ok!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)