Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

Who wants to help me analyze a video? Come on you know you want to! :D *PIOG*

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:15 PM
  • 20 Replies

So I have an English paper to write on a music video and this is the video I chose. Who wants to help me dissect it? Thanks.

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SexyDiva19
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:54 PM

BUMP!

LaceNBklyn
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:42 PM
It wont load
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
truly.a.taurus
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:45 PM
This is the second time I've seen the video and my initial thought was the words of the song didn't reflect the action in the video. It's a nice song. What have you come up with so far?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KymberleeAnn
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:58 PM

I help your black butt once before and you never got back to me to even let me know what you thought, LOL.. 

I think Chris Brown is depressed, period.

SexyDiva19
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 6:49 AM

I sort of felt the same way but then again he is asking for forgiveness of his sins and so he is choosing to die to prove how sorry he is.

Quoting truly.a.taurus:

This is the second time I've seen the video and my initial thought was the words of the song didn't reflect the action in the video. It's a nice song. What have you come up with so far?

SexyDiva19
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 6:51 AM

Girl refresh my memory. With school, my son, work and about to start my 2nd job I'm lucky I can even remember my name lmao I think he is depressed as well but I think the depression stems from him not being with Rihanna

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

I help your black butt once before and you never got back to me to even let me know what you thought, LOL.. 

KymberleeAnn
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:01 AM

I think him not being with Rhianna plays a role in his depression, but when I look at him I see something way deeper, there's some real deep pain in this troubled young man, he looks like a person who is spiritually sick.

Quoting SexyDiva19:

Girl refresh my memory. With school, my son, work and about to start my 2nd job I'm lucky I can even remember my name lmao I think he is depressed as well but I think the depression stems from him not being with Rihanna

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

SexyDiva19
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:03 PM

Yea I think that as well. I think he needs to fall back for a minute from the limelight and just take some personal time to get himself together.

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

I think him not being with Rhianna plays a role in his depression, but when I look at him I see something way deeper, there's some real deep pain in this troubled young man, he looks like a person who is spiritually sick.

Quoting SexyDiva19:

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

SexyDiva19
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:06 PM

You can also go to Youtube to watch the video

Quoting LaceNBklyn:

It wont load

SexyDiva19
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:58 PM

I have to come up with the following :

1. The thesis -or overall purpose of your analysis. This should include the song choice and assertion about its effect on or influence from popular culture.

Numbers 2 has to be the topic sentence which I have come up with: Forgiveness is something that is not easy to do but is necessary to move forward in life. In Chris Brown's "Don't Judge Me" video he is asking for a certain person not to judge him and to just move forward with him in life. Since everyone has done something in life that could be judged by others, no one has the right to cast judgement against another.

Numbers 3-5 have to be an analysis of the video and I have no clue how to do that. Like how do I dissect the video into parts?

Number 6 in the concluding point. All together the paper has to 5 pages long.

Quoting truly.a.taurus:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)