Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

gettin circumsized???

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:19 AM
  • 36 Replies
Omg in the other group there is a big typing war on this subject...how do u feel about it??? Is ur son/// sons circumsized why or why not???? Ever dated a man who wasnt?? Or wld u...???
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chloemom531
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:22 AM
I have a daughter so it dosent apply to me..but if i had a son...it would be done!!!...all men should be circumsized....im not messing// or having sex wit a man who isnt thats nasty n dirty
DOMTITI
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:26 AM
2 moms liked this
Both my sons are circumsized. I don't get caught up in that debate. I don't worry about what other parents do with their son's genitals, that's sick. I am going to need people to do the same. My oldest son is not "emotionally" scarred by my decision to have it done. From being in the locker room and hearing how they torment the boys who don't have it done, he is thankful. Not to mention, what the girls say;) However, your child, you do what you see fit;(
Just keep that propagandist bs away from my boys crotch:) Thank you💗
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stacey1081975
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:39 AM

yes my sons are circ. and I got them circ because I did a lot of research and found out uncirc men could have a lotof bacteria infections because of the fore skin, I have dated a uncirc man and It was the worst sex ever. And I don't want to again but how would I know before hand if he's circ or not. E.A.T.

SunFlower700
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Both of my sons are done.  It's a parent's personal preference to have their child done or not.  I also don't get into those debates as for as long as I've been a CM member, that is one of those heated debated topics.  I've had two cousins who have had to be circumcized.  One was 5 years old and the other was 30 years old due to medical reasons.  It's much easier when their newborns to have it done, then when they are 5 and 30 years old.

KymberleeAnn
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:24 PM
1 mom liked this

My sons are circumcised.

I'm married so I'm not on the dating scene but if I were and stumbled across a guy who was not circumcised, yuck I would call it off.

CocolateLady
by BookWorm on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:12 PM

It is considered a cosmetic procedure and therefore not necessary, unless it is life threatening, i see no point in it. Neither of my sons are and if the partner they end up truly loves them, then it will not matter. IMO

leaniece
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:21 PM
Both of my sons are. Hubby is too. I asked my hubby how he felt since he actually possesses one! We came to that decision and I'm glad I did. No complications or regrets here. As for those who don't, from what I hear, they can live normal lives too lol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Girlzmachine
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:23 PM

One of friends on fb once posted a status that said," why is the foreskin there if it's meant to not be there?" she went on to say why did God create man with it just so he can cut it off? It brought up a heated debate.

I have one son and he's circumscised. I did date someone that uncircumcised when I was younger but I would not do it again. 

mspecan_tan
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:42 PM
My son is and I've never dated anyone who wasn't.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mspecan_tan
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:42 PM
What if you son wants to get it done at a later age?

Quoting CocolateLady:

It is considered a cosmetic procedure and therefore not necessary, unless it is life threatening, i see no point in it. Neither of my sons are and if the partner they end up truly loves them, then it will not matter. IMO

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)