Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My husband hurt my feelings.

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:50 PM
  • 27 Replies

He doesn't like my macaroni and cheese and I keep trying to get it to be inbetween my family's recipe and his mom's recipe but it's not what he likes.

It's irritating.

Does your husband like your family recipes?

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/304209_10150825901365230_520415229_21054590_61191322_n.jpg

Some people recognize the light but they can't handle the glare.

by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dabrutiful1
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:55 PM

Nope...he absolutely refuses to eat any of my mother's food.  I end up having to cook a full meal at home before going to momma's.  He ain't eating granny food either.  He says they kill veggies by cooking them to mush and they've never seen any type of seasoning. His thoughts on their food hurt my feelings a bit...even if it is the slightest bit true. I think it's just that they've gotten old and lost their touch since they don't have to cook everyday anymore b/c all of us are grown. I like to think I cook like they USED to.

Chillisarah
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:55 PM

Yes, he does.  He said to me the other day that my baked chicken is better than anyone elses in his family and he also said that about my salmon croquettes.  My MIL would be jealous if she heard that lol.  My SIL and MIL would make fun of me when we first got married because I couldn't cook that well but it was only because I didn't care to try.  I can't make my potatoes and onions just like his moms though...one day.

bronze_1
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 1:03 PM

My husband loves my cooking. His mom never cooks anything from scratch and I do and he says now that he knows howthings taste from scratch its so much better. I know imma beast in the kitchen so if he said something i would tell him to cook and torture himself with his own cooking lol

CocolateLady
by BookWorm on Nov. 21, 2012 at 1:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Aww that sucks!

my SO does not like my cooking...lol I'm not great at it, BUT for me, he will eat it...and hold it down HAHAHAHA 

Dana267
by Group Mod on Nov. 21, 2012 at 2:09 PM

That's nice.

I do have some dishes he likes----just not my macaroni.

Quoting CocolateLady:

Aww that sucks!

my SO does not like my cooking...lol I'm not great at it, BUT for me, he will eat it...and hold it down HAHAHAHA 

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/304209_10150825901365230_520415229_21054590_61191322_n.jpg

Some people recognize the light but they can't handle the glare.

Stacey1081975
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 2:12 PM

Not all of them but he does like recipes I make up myself.

Chelsea_rh
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:43 PM
He loves my cooking. My moms not so much. Loves my dads cooking though. And my grandmothers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
leaniece
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 4:02 PM
He is a PICKY eater! He is not the biggest fan of my moms cooking once he found a bone in her gumbo. Lol! He appreciates my cooking :D We both dislike his moms cooking....too bland, ew!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
giftedone78
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 4:21 PM

My husband likes my cooking and my mothers cooking. Some dishes we cook, he don't like and would refuse to eat. To remedy that situation I just tell him if he claims to not like it so much....he can eat some cereal or fix him a sandwhich! I refuse to cook two seperate meals just cuz he "claims" he don't like it!

MommeisQueen
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 4:53 PM

my hubby loves my cooking most of all...he likes his moms cooking, so do I but she doesn't use much seasoning...my mom doesn't cook...I dare not compare the grandma-ma's...LOL 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)