Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

Flaunting & Treating Biracial Babies Better

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:22 PM
  • 33 Replies
2 moms liked this

Please do not be offended by this question to all black women. I am just stating the truth I've seen it alot in our community, especially around this time of year with family getting together.I have nothing against interraical relationships, but mixed children have always been flaunted in the Black community, even if someone is light people are always praising them. I noticed whenever someone calls a baby cute, the baby is almost always light or mixed looking.I have biracial kids in my fam and are they are considred prettier than their cousins. It annoys me, what's wrong with 'fully' Black children? Are they suppose to be less attractive?

I get so sick of everyone saying... "Awww" you know mixed kids are the most beautiful." That is how all of this shit starts.  Some black women really do love to flaunt their biracial kids. When you go to Youtube, there are TONS of videos like "Biracial baby crawling" or "Biracial kid playing drums". It's like rare zoo specimens being observed/admired. And i never see any videos of black women/men showing off there cute African American baby, and trust me, there are plenty. Its usually a half black child.I hardly see any 'dedication' videos of BW and BM together, its always black women with white men w their Lo's, OR black men with white women.. what happen to the notion of "unity and togetherness?"

What are your thoughts on this?

by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Chelsea_rh
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:36 PM
I think all babies are cute. Pink, yellow, green, purple. Makes no difference to me. I was never flaunted as a mixed child. Maybe its a community thing? I won't lie, I've heard many women state mixed babies are the prettiest. I guess people have their preferences right? Just like someone only likes aa men, maybe they favor aa children?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvthagirl
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:40 PM
14 moms liked this
My thoughts are NOT ALL babies are cute and I've seen some painfully ugly bi racial babies
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stacey1081975
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 4:04 PM
2 moms liked this

I agree with Luv I have seen some ugly ass babies and it didn't matter if they were black , white, gray, off white, pink, beige etc. But if someone sees your baby and say aww that's a cute shirt...you might have a ugly baby, if someone say that's a nice stroller after sees your baby.. you might have a ugly baby!!! LOL LMAO!!!

isaiahbellamom
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 4:43 PM
I just think my kids are beautiful they are bi racial 75 percent black/25 German. All races have beautiful kids. My kids are my kids not my bi racial kids lol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MommeisQueen
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 5:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I think there are cute babies of every race. I do know what you mean because some people have the habit of going overboard when it comes to praising bi-racial babies. I also know some moms of bi-racial babies who feel that their kids are above other kids and I think it is absolutely ridiculous...this mom goes on and on about her kids hair being a special grade and texture and it really annoys me. My children are 100% African American and they have beautiful, healthy, long, thick natural hair as well, but I'm not one to brag...LOL.    

CocolateLady
by BookWorm on Nov. 21, 2012 at 5:15 PM

I have seen ugly babies in many different races. But I can see where you are coming from. It's not fair they are treated better, just like its not fair that boys are treated better in some cultures

i had a man tell me once (who was italian) that I was beautiful, but my sister who is light skinned is prettier because of her skin tone, and she and I look very similar. 

DOMTITI
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 5:26 PM
2 moms liked this
This behavior is what makes people turn their nose up to biracial children. I have dealt with people who automatically assume I think my kids are better because of their racial makeup. I had a woman say publically "They are only complimenting her kids because they look damn near white, especially the little boy". SMDH.. It's ridiculous! We have got to do better. The children in my family all look the same, some biracial, some not. We never had that favoritism. SMDH .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hopealways4019
by Silver Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 5:30 PM
I was gonna write a post on this subject. My neice who I love dearly. Anyway her baby who is not bi racial, we live in different states, so I only seen his pictures. He looks brown skin to me. But she always bragging he light skinned with curly hair. Its ok to have a brown skinned beautiful baby. Why do some people believe that light skin, light eyes good hair. Mean beautiful? There are beautiful people in every shade.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hopealways4019
by Silver Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 5:32 PM
Yup like the ones who live across from me.

Quoting luvthagirl:

My thoughts are NOT ALL babies are cute and I've seen some painfully ugly bi racial babies

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SunFlower700
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 6:36 PM

LOL ... Same here. 

Quoting luvthagirl:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN