Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies
Have you ever turned a close relative, to the cops, for something they were doing wrong, possibly illegal?????

I am in this situation now. I love my Dad, but I may have to turn him in to authorities. I don't want to but what he is doing is wrong. I would be doing this anonymously, and possibly destroy or put a wedge in the family. I am still going to stand my ground. Pray for me. Has anyone else gone through anything similar? How did you come to the decision to turn that person in???
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:04 PM
Replies (11-20):
akingsmom
by Silver Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:29 AM
Never been there but if its that bad i say do it...GL!
Rain2Rinse
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:11 AM
Make the decision that you can live with. After all, you will have to. *positive vibes your way
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
a_leigh_d
by Group Mod on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:24 AM

If what he is doing causes harm to others or has the potential to hurt or harm someone else, yes....you should make that call.  Best of luck to you.

leaniece
by Platinum Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:26 PM
It definitely poses harm to another relative. It's hard to send my dad to jail even though he deserves it. I even thought about an intervention. Getting all the family members together and force him to either go to anger management or jail.

Quoting a_leigh_d:

If what he is doing causes harm to others or has the potential to hurt or harm someone else, yes....you should make that call.  Best of luck to you.

leaniece
by Platinum Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:31 PM
I completely agree! It's not child molestation but just as embarrassing. I really want to stop it without cops. An intervention might help.

Quoting Girlzmachine:

I have not been in this situation but I would if they were a child molester or if they murdered someone or put a child in any danger.

leaniece
by Platinum Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:31 PM
Girl, I just might have too. All because he can't get his anger together.

Quoting akingsmom:

Never been there but if its that bad i say do it...GL!

akingsmom
by Silver Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 3:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting leaniece:

o i know anger can be a serious issue...I'd call before he does something and someone else calls. @ least you'd be trying to stop it before it get too serious.
hopealways4019
by Silver Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 3:35 PM
I never had to turn a family member in. It would depend on what crime they committed and if a reward was being offered.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
leaniece
by Platinum Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 4:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Girl, this truly made me laugh out loud. If there is a reward offered.... Too funny.

Quoting hopealways4019:

I never had to turn a family member in. It would depend on what crime they committed and if a reward was being offered.

hopealways4019
by Silver Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 6:00 PM
Lol!

Quoting leaniece:

Girl, this truly made me laugh out loud. If there is a reward offered.... Too funny.

Quoting hopealways4019:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN