Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

A law suit against the makers

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 6:08 PM
  • 29 Replies
3 moms liked this
Of the easy bake oven. I feel like ppl take things way to far for no reason. They are saying that the owners are sexist because they only make the ovens in "girl like" colors... And the commercials have never featured a boy. 😒😒😒😒😒 seriously. The easy bake oven has been around for so long so yea times were not as diverse as they are now. And nothing in the world is wrong with little boys baking but If I was a company owner of a baking toy I wouldn't think to make a dinosaur print oven either!

I mean there aren't any pink with hearts hot wheels either.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 6:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TrulyMicka
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 6:10 PM
1 mom liked this

its a girl toy..wth is worng with ppl!!! Idgaf what nobody says...somethings are for girls & some things are for boys!!!! period! my son bet not trip over no damn easy bake oven!

Hottmomma607
by Group Mod - Trica on Dec. 3, 2012 at 6:11 PM
1 mom liked this
*sigh*Get a life idiots!
clari85
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 6:11 PM
1 mom liked this
I have always wondered why they continue to make the product look so feminine, but I don't think they should be sued for it.
LaceNBklyn
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 6:11 PM
I was so annoyed like are you kidding me!

Quoting TrulyMicka:

its a girl toy..wth is worng with ppl!!! Idgaf what nobody says...somethings are for girls & some things are for boys!!!! period! my son bet not trip over no damn easy bake oven!

LaceNBklyn
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 6:12 PM
Alot of little girls seem to like one at some point i had one.

Quoting clari85:

I have always wondered why they continue to make the product look so feminine, but I don't think they should be sued for it.
clari85
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 6:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah but my son wanted one for the longest but because it's geared so much towards girls, It felt too weird to buy it..petty, but true. I think they should make them look a little more unisex. Tons of little boys like to cook!

Quoting LaceNBklyn:

Quoting clari85:

SunFlower700
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 6:20 PM
1 mom liked this

lol ... the things some people will sue over.

LaceNBklyn
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 6:22 PM
Honestly I just let my son cook with me.

Quoting clari85:

Yeah but my son wanted one for the longest but because it's geared so much towards girls, It felt too weird to buy it..petty, but true. I think they should make them look a little more unisex. Tons of little boys like to cook!

Quoting LaceNBklyn:

Quoting clari85:

KymberleeAnn
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 6:29 PM

Bump until later

rayroe2
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 6:39 PM

BULLSHIT, this world is becoming dumb with oh its 2012 so YOLO, my child will not be defined as boy or girl, Hey you want a sex change, I dont care if my son dresses in girl clothes and wants to play with princesses, and SO ON! I dont understand it and I wont because it is stupid. I dont care if I get called closed minded just because thinks I should open my eyes to nonsense because everyone else is.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN