Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

The funniest thing ever!

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:22 PM
  • 8 Replies
1 mom liked this
Seeing and hearing my caramel colored 7 year old son raise a fist over his head and yell in his high pitched voice, "I'm black and I'm proud!"

LOL!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
KymberleeAnn
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Say it LOUD, I'm Black and I'm Proud My five y/o and 2y/o sings the James Brown version of this song loud and clear, it's the cuiest thing.

Hottmomma607
by Group Mod - Trica on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:53 PM
Is he not black/AA?
I would say its funny in general b/c young kids don't know what that means! My youngest DS isn't caramel he's brown skin he says we are not "black"! I told him in technical terms yes we are not black! But thats what we are called or AA!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Babujai
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:20 AM
He's black. He just started getting some real color this past year or two. He used to be real yellow...brighter than me even!

Quoting Hottmomma607:

Is he not black/AA?

I would say its funny in general b/c young kids don't know what that means! My youngest DS isn't caramel he's brown skin he says we are not "black"! I told him in technical terms yes we are not black! But thats what we are called or AA!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TrulyMicka
by Gold Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:33 AM
1 mom liked this

He is black!! We are all different shades..I thinks its cute & funny.. he was on his Black Power & James Brown but not bc he is light skinned...I dont really  know how to put this but its kinda like he is not black enough bc he is light skinned..I hope you get it or I dont sound like im talking shit bc im not...that was just my first thgt

Babujai
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:10 AM
1 mom liked this

That's why it's funny to me...because he's so light skinned.  I love it though!  My older son is just as light, but he's trying to grow out his afro so every morning he comes in my room with his pick sticking up in his hair and a black power fist over his head...LOL!

Quoting TrulyMicka:

He is black!! We are all different shades..I thinks its cute & funny.. he was on his Black Power & James Brown but not bc he is light skinned...I dont really  know how to put this but its kinda like he is not black enough bc he is light skinned..I hope you get it or I dont sound like im talking shit bc im not...that was just my first thgt

Calling all Naturalistas! Join us in  Natural Hair Love.

Hottmomma607
by Group Mod - Trica on Dec. 7, 2012 at 2:55 PM
Thats my thoughts too! My DH is light and being around him&his fam which all light on the mom side no one never brings it up or makes a big deal(not saying OP is) but my DH was subject to ridiculed for being "light"&picked on! Not looked at as being a real black! So to me black is black from light to dark! Just different shades! LOL My cousin who are that nice dark chocolate was clowning DH about being "white" in a black neighborhood! I told them to stop!! But DH said it was actually ok! Because their just giving their baby cuz husband a hard time! And we call all of our cousins "cousins" even if its just by marriage! I'm rambling!! LOL

Quoting TrulyMicka:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TrulyMicka
by Gold Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 4:23 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL its ok...I ramble too!

Quoting Hottmomma607:

Thats my thoughts too! My DH is light and being around him&his fam which all light on the mom side no one never brings it up or makes a big deal(not saying OP is) but my DH was subject to ridiculed for being "light"&picked on! Not looked at as being a real black! So to me black is black from light to dark! Just different shades! LOL My cousin who are that nice dark chocolate was clowning DH about being "white" in a black neighborhood! I told them to stop!! But DH said it was actually ok! Because their just giving their baby cuz husband a hard time! And we call all of our cousins "cousins" even if its just by marriage! I'm rambling!! LOL

Quoting TrulyMicka:

Dana267
by Group Mod on Dec. 7, 2012 at 7:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Nothing like a Black and Proud young man.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)