Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

texturizers

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:48 PM
  • 6 Replies

who all have used a texturizer and did you like it? my hair is natural and im tired of wearing weave but i dont like nor do i know how to control my natural hair. i don't want to get a perm right now anyways. so can anyone help me?!

by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
KymberleeAnn
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:56 PM

I never used a texturizer in my hair, I too have natural hair, I just basically wash and go.

MomRocs1102
by Gold Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Never had a texturizer, but it is a chemical you are putting in your hair.  I have seen people with them and they didn't look bad at all, I considered getting a text, but didn't.  I think im just sick of my hair lol.

giftedone78
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:04 PM

I use it sometimes, just because my hair is thick and tangles! It's kinda like putting a perm on except you dont smooth it, you comb it through. You don't leave it on for very long, just enough time to notice your natural curl pattern relax.  Its best to co-wash and do  hot oil treatments (no petro or mineral oil). If you do a texturizer, you will have to keep your hair conditioned well. The products I love and use because it conditions my hair is  Silk Elements brand products. I LOVE  the deep conditioner and I use the liquid gel (I keep my hair short and it keeps it moist and shiny). Just do more research before you texturize. You may find a natural product that could give you the same result without the chemicals.

KymberleeAnn
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 9:12 AM

Bump

KristaElizabeth
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 10:14 AM
I have super fine hair got black people. So I tried a texturizer and it endebupdamagibg my hair.
But if your hair is thicker than mine then It wouldn't hurt to try
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KymberleeAnn
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 4:58 PM

Bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN