Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

How can people on foodstamps afford to home school thier kids?

Posted by on Dec. 16, 2012 at 12:20 PM
  • 171 Replies

There is this poster in another group that drives me nuts. I try my best not to comment on her posts because they just annoy me. So I guess I am venting. How in the heck can you be married, on public assistance, and afford to home school your kids? I mean you choose to not work to be at home with your kids but then we are supposed to support you? I just don't get it. Somebody please explain.

by on Dec. 16, 2012 at 12:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chloemom531
by on Dec. 16, 2012 at 12:24 PM
sad... i hate lazy bitches
mzzrealist
by on Dec. 16, 2012 at 12:28 PM

Quoting chloemom531:

sad... i hate lazy bitches

So so true.

rayroe2
by on Dec. 16, 2012 at 12:29 PM

How much does it cost to home school?

chloemom531
by on Dec. 16, 2012 at 12:29 PM
omg!!! married to a man & still on govt ass....something wrong wit that picture lmao!!"
hopealways4019
by Silver Member on Dec. 16, 2012 at 12:42 PM
My niece husband works, they live in a condominium, they got trucks and cars, she get ssi. She said her husband on her caseload, he qualified too. I'm confused too, I thought if you were married couldn't get assistance? My sister married too works, get stamps. I know I'm telling all their biz. But welfare know they marry. If it was me welfare would be cutting me off, saying I owe them money. Some people get away with murder.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hopealways4019
by Silver Member on Dec. 16, 2012 at 12:50 PM
Your right kim, people who really need the help, can't get it, because people like my neice and them getting assistance. Their husband should feed family, if he can?

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

So true and it's so sad because there are so many people out here who really need help and can't get it.

Quoting hopealways4019:

My niece husband works, they live in a condominium, they got trucks and cars, she get ssi. She said her husband on her caseload, he qualified too. I'm confused too, I thought if you were married couldn't get assistance? My sister married too works, get stamps. I know I'm telling all their biz. But welfare know they marry. If it was me welfare would be cutting me off, saying I owe them money. Some people get away with murder.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shaybay218
by Bronze Member on Dec. 16, 2012 at 1:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Honey...i try not to comment on posts like this because i makes me mad but here where I live I know ppl who get 500 plus foodstamps and driving bmw's and mercedes, suv's and have every elctronic there is to have...but it's not my place to question it...if they are doing wrong it will come to the light and they will surely have to pay it all back...

mamaofficer
by Silver Member on Dec. 16, 2012 at 2:50 PM

Quoting Shaybay218:

Honey...i try not to comment on posts like this because i makes me mad but here where I live I know ppl who get 500 plus foodstamps and driving bmw's and mercedes, suv's and have every elctronic there is to have...but it's not my place to question it...if they are doing wrong it will come to the light and they will surely have to pay it all back...

The cars must be in somebody name that does'nt get assistance

inmybizz
by Platinum Member on Dec. 16, 2012 at 3:58 PM
14 moms liked this

IDK..We get on the poor so much, but what about the wealthy people we support with our tax dollars..An elected official spending 100,000 of our money at the movies..Who spend 100,000 a year seeing movies.. 

A Lot of people need to be held accountable not just the poor people..

joschmidt
by Too Legit Schmidt on Dec. 16, 2012 at 4:04 PM
19 moms liked this
Not all people who are on asst. are lazy bitches. Being married doesn't disqualify you from needing public asst., nor does it mean that you shouldn't be allowed to homeschool. I know a mother who homeschooled, was married, received public asst. (using it properly and honestly) and she is not a lazy bitch, her children all grew up to be successful high school and college graduates (some are still finishing college).
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)