Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

First Moment

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:57 AM
  • 10 Replies

Describe the first moment you saw your husband.

Sparks?

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/304209_10150825901365230_520415229_21054590_61191322_n.jpg

Some people recognize the light but they can't handle the glare.

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rayroe2
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:03 AM

Me and my dh met over fb through a friend who neither of us knew. he lived right down the road from me for 4years we never ran into each never seen each other nothing. Then we met up the day after my bday and he took me to a movie and yes there was sparks. we were both shy. He was respectable, tall, charming, and I just felt this trust with him that I never felt and it was like time froze and we talked for hours! and the conversation wasn't forced it just flowed and we could talk about anything and everything. It was the most amazing feeling I ever felt. My heart felt warm and I was so nervous.

Babujai
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:06 AM
1 mom liked this

The first moment was irritation.  We were sitting at a bus stop.  I was reading and he interrupted my reading to ask if my name was T****.  I replied no and tried to get back to my book, but he interrupted my reading again to explain who T**** was and how I looked just like her, but he hadn't seen her in years.  I was less irritated at that point and we started talking.  By the time the bus showed up and  really like him.  An hour later when we got to the train station I was pretty sure I was in love.  We got married 1 year and 2 weeks later.

amyasmommy2005
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:45 AM

i'm not married but i have been with my boyfriend for almost7 years. he was my little brother's friend and i couldnt stand him.we argued every min. he was soo annoying. but he grew on me and now i cant live with out him

Hottmomma607
by A_Diva2Hot2Handle on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:05 PM
1 mom liked this
OMG!!
Well I thought he was 19yo? He looked so young with baby face! It was sparks!! And we were comfortable with each other! I loved back in the day the shyness of getting to know each other, waiting on the phone calls......to your HOUSE phone! Going out on 1st date after meeting!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tanishagreene
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:37 PM
2 moms liked this

I walked into the job site to turn in my application as I gave it to another manager there that I use to work for I noticed him standing in the office door way. I was stuntin him because I was on my way out of another relationship. As I walked away I noticed him watching me walk away. So I gave him the sexiest runway walk I had in me and left. Shortly after he called me in for an interview hired me on the spot. We kept things very professional for awhile. We did a little secret flirting. He would give me chills whenever he would come near me. I remember being in the back of our building alone with him one evening as I was clocking out and thinking to myself omg if this man turned around and even made a slightest attempt to kiss me I would F*@$ the heck out of him no questions asked!!!!!!!! That next day before I left he asked me out for dinner but told me not to give him my number because of the cameras. He slipped me his number I called him we had dinner and have been together since.

misssy2000
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:41 PM

Well dh got at me in the mall. He had been trying to get my attention but i was pretending not to see him. I was not into meeting guys at the mall expericence had taught me that guys met in mall usually meant  they probably had a few kids, and a drug problem, or a wife. I was all kinds of bitter lol  My freind stopped walking and said "hes cute". I still didnt care but since she stopped I did too. So glad I did. 9 months later we were married.  Been married 8 years and everyday with him is amazeing. Hes like no man I ever seen in my whole life, dont know where id be without him. :)

Dana267
by Platinum Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 12:15 AM
1 mom liked this
This post is the bomb! I love these stories!
moosesmom
by Silver Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 1:00 AM

I was at a 4th of July party. It was packed. My feet were hurting. There were no seats available and he just happened to be sitting where I was standing. So I said "Move over, so I can sit down. My feet hurt." We share a seat for a while. Yes, share because clearly he wasn't brought up with enough manners to give the seat up to the lady. Anyway, we're sitting almost back to back and I see him pull out his phone and place it on his lap. *Oh boy here we go* We make small talk and he invites me to the lake the next day. Eventually I just say "You took your phone out for a reason. Are you going to ask for my number or what?" I've NEVER done that. But I was irritated, my feet were hurting, and he just wouldn't get to the point. So I gave him a push. 

Met him at the lake the next day (during the DAYLIGHT so I could really see his face) Not cool man....let's just say his looks aren't what attracted me to him. But we had fun that day. Swimming, good food, laughter....as they say the rest is history. 

Then we got divorced and now we're dating. Lol!

MummiMayI
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 2:27 AM

falling in loveNot married yet but that sums it up.  

LOL, we met at church. I had my eyes on him for a few Sundays, but everytime I caught him looking I happen to be standing next to my cousin, so I figured he was looking at her...Anyway one Sunday I decided to time it so that my mother and I would be near him so she could introduce us. Once she did I played it off like I was not interested, but he commented that we had the same eyes, ("He noticed my eyes") anyway a few wks later I went up to him and we exchanged info and be going since. It's only be a yr and a half but that's my boo...

Dana267
by Platinum Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 7:00 PM
I'm Bumping this.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)