• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Judgement

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:41 AM
  • 8 Replies

If you see something in life or hear about something that you yourself doesn't agree with do automatically just dislike that person or do you give them a chance to see beyond what you see?

I ask this because just going through life it is weird because I know for one if someone does something to harm my family or my feelings in any which way, I don't give second chances. I can say hi and bye but nothing more then that. So knowing that about myself brings me to the case of "judgement" how many of us go off appearance, they way someone talks, the things they believe or the way they deal with us?   So what is judgement?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
hopealways4019
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:05 PM
I ain't gonna lie, if I see someone like a homeless person, or someone look crazy, I automatically judge them unfavorably. But I have learned that you have to get to know a person inside and out, because you can form a fair opinion about that person. And forgiving I think I forgive to easily, I don't forget, but I forgive. Holding a grudge, takes to much time away from a person postive thinking. Jmo
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CocolateLady
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:38 PM
3 moms liked this

I mainly judge people by the way the treat others.....because it says a lot about them more so then how they dress or what they look like or what the believe. 

and judging is not a bad thing to me, it's a natural human thing to do. 

SunFlower700
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:42 PM
2 moms liked this
Everyone judges, even those that don't think they do. It's human nature.
rayroe2
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:44 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree. that why I dont see why every is so quick to say stop judging others.

Quoting SunFlower700:

CafeMom Tickers
Hottmomma607
by A_Diva2Hot2Handle on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:53 PM
I agree! I usually let peoples actions speaks for them!

Quoting SunFlower700:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bunsmommy
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Just because it doesn't mean we're supposed to. It's like as humans we have the ability to kill and while many do, we're not supposed to!

I try to be fair, so I try to take all sides of things into consideration. In my youth, I was very intolerant to welfare recipients. I hoarded the same ignorance and biases that many people have. Then I went to work in schools in low income areas, I had the opportunity to have a staff that relied on PA because their wages alone couldn't sustain them, in other words I grew and saw how others lived. Living and learning that my views aren't everyone else's helped me to become more tolerant of others. It helps me to sit back assess a situation or a person and allows me to keep my mind open.
Now, if they muck with my family or they're living a life that could endanger my family; my decision to keep my family from them or not speak to them has nothing to do with judgment and everything to do with me protecting my heart!

Quoting rayroe2:

Quoting SunFlower700:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rayroe2
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:16 PM

My parents always made welfare seem like it was stealing money from them. I was very judgemental and hot headed then I became a little humble when I had to live on my own and make a penny last a week so to say. I seen some stuff I never believed to be true about drug war til I seen it with my own eyes.

Quoting Bunsmommy:

Just because it doesn't mean we're supposed to. It's like as humans we have the ability to kill and while many do, we're not supposed to!

I try to be fair, so I try to take all sides of things into consideration. In my youth, I was very intolerant to welfare recipients. I hoarded the same ignorance and biases that many people have. Then I went to work in schools in low income areas, I had the opportunity to have a staff that relied on PA because their wages alone couldn't sustain them, in other words I grew and saw how others lived. Living and learning that my views aren't everyone else's helped me to become more tolerant of others. It helps me to sit back assess a situation or a person and allows me to keep my mind open.
Now, if they muck with my family or they're living a life that could endanger my family; my decision to keep my family from them or not speak to them has nothing to do with judgment and everything to do with me protecting my heart!

Quoting rayroe2:

Quoting SunFlower700:

CafeMom Tickers
Dana267
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:41 PM

Judging is a neccesity.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)