Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WOW SOCIAL SECURITY REALLY?!

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:32 PM
  • 18 Replies

So I got my dd social security card in the mail. I had her dec 3rd.

Her 1st name is Havana-Olivia her middle name is Pyper . Last name Espinosa

SS Spelt my daughters name "Havana-Olivi Pyper Espinosa"

Apparently there is a 17 letter / character space for the SS card? I never heard of it til i "googled"

How DO I fix this because I know it's spelt correctly on her Birth Certificate.

Anyone else have had this problem? How do I fix it? How does it effect Havana-Olivia for when I need to show her SS Card for doctors appointments school registration and even her drivers permit?!

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KymberleeAnn
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:45 PM

You may need to contact the SS Administration Building and present her BC and apply for a reissue of a new card for her.

MamaFrankie
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:46 PM

it's such a pain in the ass

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

You may need to contact the SS Administration Building and present her BC and apply for a reissue of a new card for her.

KymberleeAnn
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:48 PM

I know, I only hope they won't try and complicate matters by asking for money for them to reissue the SS card.

Quoting MamaFrankie:

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

Bunsmommy
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:50 PM
It shouldn't, generally the biggest problem becomes if the last name on the SS card is different from the birth certificate. Most people who have to consistently deal with SS cards knows there's a limit to the characters that can be placed on the card so they'll understand her first name missing a letter.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bunsmommy
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:51 PM
Your SS card is free

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

I know, I only hope they won't try and complicate matters by asking for money for them to reissue the SS card.

Quoting MamaFrankie:

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

KymberleeAnn
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:57 PM

Oh so it must be the BC that they charge I believe it's 15 bucks in NY. Not The SSC okay then that's good, at least that will be one last thing to worry about.

Quoting Bunsmommy:

Your SS card is free

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

Quoting MamaFrankie:

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

Bunsmommy
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:02 PM
Yes, bc you have to pay for. And if you move from your home state it actually costs a lot more!

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

Oh so it must be the BC that they charge I believe it's 15 bucks in NY. Not The SSC okay then that's good, at least that will be one last thing to worry about.

Quoting Bunsmommy:

Your SS card is free

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

Quoting MamaFrankie:

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

KymberleeAnn
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:19 PM

Yeah because I think it cost like about 18 dollars in NJ.

Quoting Bunsmommy:

Yes, bc you have to pay for. And if you move from your home state it actually costs a lot more!

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

Quoting Bunsmommy:

Your SS card is free

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

Quoting MamaFrankie:

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

MamaFrankie
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:21 PM

here  in nj it goes by county or township not state

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

Quoting Bunsmommy:

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

Quoting Bunsmommy:

Your SS card is free

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

Quoting MamaFrankie:

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

KymberleeAnn
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:22 PM

What? Wow, that's something else, I learned something new today. Thanks for sharing.

Quoting MamaFrankie:

here  in nj it goes by county or township not state

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

Quoting Bunsmommy:

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

Quoting Bunsmommy:

Your SS card is free

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

Quoting MamaFrankie:

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)