Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

Our New Christmas Eve Tradition

Posted by   + Show Post
So, I got a call from a friend asking if I'd come help her wrap gifts, put food into boxes and help deliver to families. Cool beans, that's right up my alley and she knows it. I told Bun to go get dressed and what we're going to do. I explained that we're going to give food and gifts to children who otherwise this year wouldn't have any, he went grabbed a toy he hasn't played with for awhile and some food out of his cabinet and was like "let's go!" That touched me that on some level he's starting to get my mantra of "to whom much is given, much is required!" and to see him be so enthused about wanting to help others. He might get to unwrap a gift tonight.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 24, 2012 at 10:49 AM
Replies (11-20):
KymberleeAnn
by on Dec. 24, 2012 at 1:25 PM

True. 

Quoting mamadee1971:

That's awesome.  My kids are the same way, they like to help and I hope they'll carry this attitude for the rest of their lives.  But now, while they're still kids, maybe, they can "school" some grown folks to be unselfish and to show humility.  Enjoy and be blessed.

S_morgan09
by on Dec. 24, 2012 at 1:25 PM

Aww thats sweet! 

My 3yo dd had to go through and get rid of a bag of toys for us to go deliver to the womans shelter in town last Saturday. It's something we started last year for Christmas and its nice to know we are helping our daughter be a better person. She only gets 4 presents from us (two from Santa and two from us) each year and its nice to not have the clutter of broken toys (that are thrown away) or unused toys (that are donated) Can't wait to start this with the new baby!!

KymberleeAnn
by on Dec. 24, 2012 at 1:26 PM

The Bible don't lie it says, "There's more happiness in giving then there in receiving."

Quoting CBMama06:

How sweet!! Nothing like giving.. It truly makes one feel good about themselves...

Bunsmommy
by Ruby Member on Dec. 24, 2012 at 3:45 PM
1 mom liked this
I was just telling someone in one of my other groups how he reacted a few weeks ago when he realized I donated some of his toys to the pre-k class at his school, so to see him willingly go gather toys and food was like "awwww" for me. He's real good if I tell him we need to bag up clothes or donate food, but toys.....oy vey! Seeing that did something for me, he had a little stocking filled with small toys handing them out telling people he was Santa!

Quoting S_morgan09:

Aww thats sweet! 

My 3yo dd had to go through and get rid of a bag of toys for us to go deliver to the womans shelter in town last Saturday. It's something we started last year for Christmas and its nice to know we are helping our daughter be a better person. She only gets 4 presents from us (two from Santa and two from us) each year and its nice to not have the clutter of broken toys (that are thrown away) or unused toys (that are donated) Can't wait to start this with the new baby!!

SunFlower700
by Gold Member on Dec. 24, 2012 at 3:55 PM

That is really sweet of Bun.  Definitely let him unwrap a gift tonight.

S_morgan09
by on Dec. 24, 2012 at 4:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Ya she fought me at first, but when she saw the other kids she loved it =] Its hard to explain to a 3 year old that, but doing something at this age is good in my eyes =]

Quoting Bunsmommy:

I was just telling someone in one of my other groups how he reacted a few weeks ago when he realized I donated some of his toys to the pre-k class at his school, so to see him willingly go gather toys and food was like "awwww" for me. He's real good if I tell him we need to bag up clothes or donate food, but toys.....oy vey! Seeing that did something for me, he had a little stocking filled with small toys handing them out telling people he was Santa!

Quoting S_morgan09:

Aww thats sweet! 

I'm a mommy, a wife, a sister, an auntie, a daughter, and a best friend. I'm a proud Baptist, gun owning, to-do list making, disposable diaper using, homeschooling, vaccinating (but no flu shot), breast feeding trying, anti-abortion, crying it out believing, crocheting, scrapbooking, cuddling any chance I get, obsessive picture taking, PREGO WITH #2, Working full time but going back to SAHM soon, 21 year old momma to Kenna Marie who makes this life so amazing! =)

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers   Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 

nikabear
by Platinum Member on Dec. 24, 2012 at 4:54 PM
Awwww girlie you got me in tears!!! That is beautiful!!!
a_leigh_d
by Group Mod on Dec. 24, 2012 at 5:39 PM
Evidence if great parenting!
rayroe2
by on Dec. 24, 2012 at 5:43 PM

That is awsome! =]

He should get to open one for that.

mrzsimmons322
by Crystal on Dec. 24, 2012 at 6:37 PM

Awww Buns that's so sweet great mama raising a great boy to be a great man!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN