Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Our New Christmas Eve Tradition

Posted by   + Show Post
So, I got a call from a friend asking if I'd come help her wrap gifts, put food into boxes and help deliver to families. Cool beans, that's right up my alley and she knows it. I told Bun to go get dressed and what we're going to do. I explained that we're going to give food and gifts to children who otherwise this year wouldn't have any, he went grabbed a toy he hasn't played with for awhile and some food out of his cabinet and was like "let's go!" That touched me that on some level he's starting to get my mantra of "to whom much is given, much is required!" and to see him be so enthused about wanting to help others. He might get to unwrap a gift tonight.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 24, 2012 at 10:49 AM
Replies (21-30):
KymberleeAnn
by on Dec. 24, 2012 at 6:44 PM

He's responding well to your loving care just like your pretty house plant that you showed me.

leaniece
by Platinum Member on Dec. 24, 2012 at 6:46 PM
He's so generous at such a young age! How sweet is that :D he definitely deserves a Christmas Eve present! Be safe and have fun
wearymoon
by Bronze Member on Dec. 24, 2012 at 9:09 PM
That's great and an awesome mantra.
diaperstodating
by Silver Member on Dec. 24, 2012 at 9:12 PM
1 mom liked this

wreath

Chelsea_rh
by on Dec. 25, 2012 at 3:19 AM
Awesome!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LotusBlossom
by Member on Dec. 25, 2012 at 7:54 AM
1 mom liked this
This really warmed my heart!! Merry Christmas to you and your family :)

Quoting Bunsmommy:

So, I got a call from a friend asking if I'd come help her wrap gifts, put food into boxes and help deliver to families. Cool beans, that's right up my alley and she knows it. I told Bun to go get dressed and what we're going to do. I explained that we're going to give food and gifts to children who otherwise this year wouldn't have any, he went grabbed a toy he hasn't played with for awhile and some food out of his cabinet and was like "let's go!" That touched me that on some level he's starting to get my mantra of "to whom much is given, much is required!" and to see him be so enthused about wanting to help others. He might get to unwrap a gift tonight.

Bunsmommy
by Ruby Member on Dec. 25, 2012 at 10:18 AM
Thank you, same to you!
I tried to keep him going until midnight and then he told me he had to go to bed or else Santa wouldn't come! So all gifts were unwrapped this morning.

Quoting LotusBlossom:

This really warmed my heart!! Merry Christmas to you and your family :)

Quoting Bunsmommy:

coolmom107
by on Dec. 25, 2012 at 10:20 AM

lets alltalk toour kids about how good it is too help each other who really needs it.

honey27
by Bronze Member on Dec. 25, 2012 at 1:55 PM

thats really sweet. i want to start doing something to help families every year and show my kids that they should help people also.

Bunsmommy
by Ruby Member on Dec. 25, 2012 at 5:24 PM
We usually do the feed the hungry thing at Thanksgiving, Christmas, and MLK day. Last year we just did thanksgiving and it was so crowded that I couldn't really keep up with my Mr. Friendly and I decided not again until he gets a little older. However, him understanding that everything we have is a blessing and as such we should bless others is important to me.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)