Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

Songs with powerful lyrics

Posted by on Dec. 25, 2012 at 11:42 PM
  • 45 Replies
1 mom liked this

Have you ever come across a song, really listened to the lyrics and thought what powerful lyrics and what was the singer thinking at the time he / she was writing that song?  If so what is the song?  Who is the musician?  What do you think the song is about?

by on Dec. 25, 2012 at 11:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tish_Hughes
by on Dec. 25, 2012 at 11:50 PM
3 moms liked this

The lyrics are pretty self-explanatory. In my younger day this was the story of my life. They weren't married, though.

KymberleeAnn
by on Dec. 25, 2012 at 11:52 PM
3 moms liked this

I think about feel me/issues by R. Kelly I think he was going through a hard time in his life when he wrote this song.

I think the song is about people are always up in his business, how they try to take the simple things that he say and try to turn it all around when it wasn't that way. And he just got tired of it so he wrote a song, because maybe he feels that's the only way to get back at his haters was to get paid off of songs that they motivated him to write.

I posted the song for you just in case you are not too familiar with it.

((There's one or two bad words)) 

mrsary
by Gold Member on Dec. 25, 2012 at 11:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Someone to Love You by Ruff Endz
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
wearymoon
by Bronze Member on Dec. 26, 2012 at 12:18 AM
3 moms liked this
Mary J. Blige "My Life"
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
misssy2000
by Gold Member on Dec. 26, 2012 at 12:22 AM
2 moms liked this

I love this one. I have never been in that situation but it really makes you think about just how precious life is and how you never know who is growing inside you. 

SunFlower700
by Gold Member on Dec. 26, 2012 at 12:27 AM

Unfortunately I can't watch the videos as I don't have the best internet service in my area when it comes to bandwidth.  To make a long story short, I was at a friend's house checking out this entertainment system he set up and put a lot of hours and money into to make it sound better than a movie threatre (mission accomplished).  Before he put on a 3D movie, he put on some music so I could hear the sound of these speakers he has been talking to me about non-stop since this past summer.  The first song that played was Bloody Mary by Lady Gaga.  Like a few of her songs (the ones I heard on the radio, but wouldn't say I'm a fan. I liked the beat to this song but wasn't paying much attention to the lyrics, until today when I went to look the song up on iTunes and Googled the lyrics.  Have to say those are some powerful lyrics. 

EbonyLove29
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 12:28 AM
1 mom liked this

wow!

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

I think about feel me/issues by R. Kelly I think he was going through a hard time in his life when he wrote that song.

I think the song is about people are always up in his business, how they try to take the simple things that he say and try to turn it all around when it it wasn't that way. And he just got tired of it so he wrote a song, because maybe he feels that's the only way to get back at his haters was to get paid off of songs that they motivated him to write.

I posted the song for you just in case you are not too familiar with it.

((There's one or two bad words)) 

EbonyLove29
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 12:31 AM
1 mom liked this

Love the lyrics in this song! "I'm Still Standing"

misssy2000
by Gold Member on Dec. 26, 2012 at 12:38 AM
2 moms liked this

SunFlower700
by Gold Member on Dec. 26, 2012 at 12:41 AM

Dust In The Wind by Kansas.

I know there's a lot more but it's late can't think of any more.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN