Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

(UPDATE) Will you be watching Oxygen reality show called "All My Babies Mamas"??

Posted by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 7:39 PM
  • 89 Replies

Oxygen Network, the television station that advises you to “Live Out Loud,” has just announced a new “special” coming soon: All My Babies’ Mamas. Oh my.

Deadline Hollywood says the show will be a one-hour, one-time reality program that follows “the complicated lives of one man, his children’s mamas, and their army of children.” Our colleagues at Hip Hop Wired have more detail: the show will star Atlanta rapper Shawty Lo (?) and his 10 baby mamas who have alter egos like “First Lady Baby Mama” and “Shady Baby Mama.” All told, they have 11 kids. Hip Hop Wired has got promo video from the show.

A new reality show isn’t news. But that this show, which, in name alone, scrapes the bottom of the barrel, is a surprising choice for a station like Oxygen.

Forbes reminds us that the network began in 2000 with a mission to “release the energy of women to do great things.” The network was actually launched with help from Nickelodeon founder Geraldine Laybourne and Oprah Winfrey. This latest show is brought to us by two former MTV execs – Liz Gateley and Tony DiSanto — who were behind shows like The Hills and Paris Hilton’s My New BFF.

Certainly, Oxygen hasn’t shied away from dipping in the reality pool. Shows like My Shopping Addiction, Girlfriend Confidential LA, and Bad Girls Club certainly have their fair share of drama. And the network isn’t immune from the needs of ratings and a social media following. They want to generate tweets and Facebook chatter. We get it. But this is really over the top, even by reality show standards.

Will you be watching? And does it ultimately damage Oxygen’s rep with women to put this show on the air? There’s speculation that this one-hour “special” is really a way to launch a whole new regular program. We’ll pass, thank you very much.

UPDATEOxygen Media, Electus and DiGa Vision: Cancel Shawty-Low show and all programming which demeans black children, girls/women and stereotypes black men!!!

Petitioning Oxygen Media, Electus and DiGa Vision

This petition will be delivered to:

President
Oxygen Media, Electus and DiGa Vision
President
Jason Klarman
Oxygen
Cameron Blanchard

Oxygen Media, Electus and DiGa Vision: Cancel Shawty-Low show and all programming which demeans black children, girls/women and stereotypes black men!!!

Sabrina Lamb

Petition by

Sabrina Lamb

New York, NY

Here's the pilot for thoses who want to check out this BS!

by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 7:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michaelsmom25
by Silver Member on Dec. 27, 2012 at 7:45 PM
2 moms liked this
I saw this on Facebook! I thought it was a joke. Omg! I don't think I can support this rachettness lol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mommabearbergh
by Gold Member on Dec. 27, 2012 at 7:48 PM
1 mom liked this

hell to the no. I swear this is some crazyness. I don't even watch housewives of atl I am not watching this crazy stuff

GoddessNDaRuff
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 7:48 PM
10 moms liked this

I want to cry. HELL NO!! That's all black folks need is somemore bullshit like this out there. Where are the normal people?!?!?!

AND HELL NO I WON'T WATCH!

JalensMommy2012
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 7:51 PM
Lmao. I thought the same thing when I saw this in an email thread today. It HAD to be a joke. Sadly I see its not :(

Quoting michaelsmom25:

I saw this on Facebook! I thought it was a joke. Omg! I don't think I can support this rachettness lol.

michaelsmom25
by Silver Member on Dec. 27, 2012 at 7:53 PM
I feel so sorry for those children smh

Quoting michaelsmom25:

EbonyLove29
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 7:57 PM

I'm definitely Not watching that BS!

mamadee1971
by Dionne on Dec. 27, 2012 at 9:08 PM
9 moms liked this

Oh lawd!  Will this bullshit ever stop?!  What ever happened to shows like "Run's House"? 

MomRocs1102
by Gold Member on Dec. 27, 2012 at 9:13 PM

I saw this crap a few days ago.  This is sad, and another stupid show thats probably full of drama and bs.  It probably wont be the worst that has aired but i am sure it will be in the top 5.

nikabear
by Platinum Member on Dec. 27, 2012 at 9:24 PM
2 moms liked this
Da faq????
MummiMayI
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 9:26 PM
2 moms liked this

Hell naw! I refuse to participate in setting us back a few hundred years!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)