Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

Do you think two people of different religions can make a marriage work?

Posted by   + Show Post

Do you think two people of different religions can make a marriage work?
Do you think if they can make it work, that if there are children involved, they can still make it work?

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:38 PM
Replies (21-26):
Hottmomma607
by Group Mod - Trica on Jan. 2, 2013 at 1:39 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't know?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mrjonesii
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:00 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't know. Maybe difficult but not impossible. Hmmm? However I wouldn't. My belief is like someone mentioned not to be unequally yoked. 

inmybizz
by Platinum Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:03 AM
1 mom liked this

Not impossible. I think if you are aware of it going into the marriage, respect each others differences and not try to change one another down the road it can work. 

KymberleeAnn
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:29 AM

This too is true.

Quoting mrjonesii:

I don't know. Maybe difficult but not impossible. Hmmm? However I wouldn't. My belief is like someone mentioned not to be unequally yoked. 

.Peaches.
by Le Chatte Noire on Jan. 2, 2013 at 6:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting SunFlower700:

What if they are of different religions that have totally different beliefs (are christians)?  Both believe in Christ, just do not share the same religious views.  Do you think a marriage like that can work out?  You only gave your opinion of someone who is of a christian faith and their SO is an athiest.

Quoting .Peaches.:

I wouldn't even go down that road. For Christians, its a big no-no to be in a marriage with someone who is unequally yoked. Now, that's not to say you can't win a spouse to Christ, because its been done many times, but for the majority, it doesn't happen that way.

Most people are either in Christ together, or they find Him later in life together.

I can only give my opinion based on my personal experiences that tie into my personal beliefs- I'm a Christian. I have no idea what other religions have to say about marrying someone of a different faith.

As far as Christianity goes, it could work, but then again, possibly not. It really depends on who we're talking about, as well as what demonination they're claiming. A Mormon and a Baptist are going to have more problems than, say, a Methodist and a Protestant.

Girlzmachine
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Maybe but I think it's sometimes hard. A friend of mine just got divorced because they couldn't come to an agreement over religion. He is seventh day Adventist and she was raised baptist and now goes to an inter-denominational church. Her husband would not budge and wanted her to convert and follow all the Adventist beliefs. In the beginning she went to his church and followed the rules of the sabbath but after a while she could no longer take it.His family was also pressuring her so they decided to call it quits.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN