Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

Third marriage and that's it!

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:14 AM
  • 29 Replies
Do you think there should be a limit on the number of times a person can be married? If you've been divorced X amount of times, you can't be allowed to marry again unless your last spouse passed away. Yes? No? Why or why not?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrsary
by Gold Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:15 AM
Idk. My friend has been married 3 times... has 5 kids with 5 diff mothers. Smh.
Tish_Hughes
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:18 AM
I know a woman who has been married 4 times but only has kids with 2 Of her exes. The last one she knew for about a month and a half before she was pregnant and they got married right after that (not judging).

Quoting mrsary:

Idk. My friend has been married 3 times... has 5 kids with 5 diff mothers. Smh.
Hottmomma607
SOA tonight!!
38 minutes ago
by Group Mod - Trica on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:24 AM
1 mom liked this

Probably not? We don't know the situations why people get divorced? I think the key thing is to make sure that person is 100% for you before you slip that ring on&sign those papers!

ginene
by Gold Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 5:48 AM
2 moms liked this
Nope. As long as they're honest and not practicing polygamy(?) without informing their spouse, it shouldn't matter. I really don't care what they do.

I personally prefer to be married once.
Stacey1081975
by Gold Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 8:16 AM

20 times or 1 time its up to the person not me. I just hope she or he eventually find the right person for them.

mrzsimmons322
by Crystal on Jan. 2, 2013 at 8:25 AM
1 mom liked this

For me I'm only getting married once and as far as others its to each its own.

JalensMommy2012
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:34 AM
To each its own but after a couple of marriages it just looks..... Idk what's the word I'm looking for????

Trifling? Ok maybe not trifling but tacky.

I personally feel like people who end up married 4 and 5 times are people who are not getting married for the right reasons.
inmybizz
by Platinum Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:41 AM

until you get it right.

MomRocs1102
by Gold Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:43 AM

What, No that would be crazy to put a law on people limiting the amount of time they can marry.  That would be redic on so many levels, who are they hurting falling in love and maybe out of love, or ending up in a situation that they feel is impossible to tolerate.  Know one knows these peoples situation of why they have divorced.  If they want to put a limit on some thing put one the amount of children a person can have when they cant take care of them.

Babujai
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:46 AM

I don't think there should be a limit on how many times a person can get married, but I wouldn't mind if people had to jump through a few more hoops before tying the knot and/or getting a divorce.  Marriage is too easy to do thoughtlessly.  Divorce isn't necessarily easy, but for many it seems easier than trying to salvage a marriage that's gone off track.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)