Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

I mean really---what do you expect? No bashing BUT DAMN!

Posted by   + Show Post

At a brithday party the mothers were all sitting talking and just laughing about how much time we spend taking our children from here to there and supporting them in the things that they do. One mother chimed in and said she's not able to do such things because she has 5 children abd she is a single parent. "I'm by myself. I'm doing it all- I'm both Mom and a Dad."

The way she said it seemed like a combo between a defense mechanism and  maybe in a way to get recognition. It was kinda an awkward thing. To make matters worse one of the women in the circle talking was actually grandmother and she said straight out "None of the fathers help out? Not-a one?"

She said, "Nope. I'm all by myself." One of the moms said "Wow you're super mom."

The grandmother kinda rolled her eyes.

Can you be a super mom when you have 4 baby daddies and none of them stayed? Your children are not being able to do the activities they want to do (some that are free) because you are overwhelmed.

I was kinda irked because I'm thinking the 9 month old is brand new and that dude didn't stay around.

I got really upset because her daughter--who is the only child who attends our school will be taken out after this year. She decided that it was too much trouble to take her to another school. Her daughter atends the Gifted Center School with my daughter and she is brilliant but because her other children aren't gifted she is just going to put her in the neighborhood school which is failing. She said unless her father wants to pick her up and drive her himself she'll go with the rest of the children.

That pissed me off. Why should her child suffer because of the parents? You sat up there and had 5 children???? 

The children were from 2nd grade to 9 months.

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/304209_10150825901365230_520415229_21054590_61191322_n.jpg

Some people recognize the light but they can't handle the glare.

by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:30 AM
Replies (21-22):
waitin4u
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:31 PM

Situations such as this are just sad to watch. All I can think of is maybe she was raised under the same circumstances so to her it's nothing unusual to deal with. I would hope she learns from her situation and tries her best to better her situation not for her self but for her children.  

Diamondblue1
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 8:08 PM
She sounds like she's stressed out and probably wondering what the heck i got myself into with all these no good baby daddies. But she shouldn't take her child out a really good school just to put her behind and cut her education. It sounds like she's bitter because if her life and all those kids she had:( poor lady
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN