Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

What's your signature dish?

Posted by   + Show Post

Do you have one dish that you're famous for among your friends and family? Is that the only thing you cook/bake well?

For family gatherings I usually get picked to make the pork greens (DH's cousin makes the greens for the non-pork eaters).  I'm also known for my zucchini bread.

I have a few other things that I make pretty good, but DH is a much better cook than I am.  I either need a recipe or a lot of experience making something before it's good.  He's able to just throw things together until they taste good.

Calling all Naturalistas! Join us in  Natural Hair Love.

by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:08 AM
Replies (31-40):
michaelsmom25
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 1:05 PM
My step mom is Swedish :) I dont recall eating any traditional Swedish meals though.

Quoting babyblue415:

mostly anything from my home country of Sweden

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
hopealways4019
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 3:02 PM
*cough* nothing
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babyblue415
by bubbles on Jan. 8, 2013 at 3:14 PM

then she is probably not Swedish. Do you stay in touch with her? does she speak swedish fluently? maybe she is just half swedish or maybe she is from swedish decent. i dont know i'm "fresh of the boat" so to speak lol i just immigrated here in 08. i would love to meet more swedish people here in the states. but i guess i can always suggest you to go to ikea and have some swedish meatballs with mashed potatoes and lingon berry. thats as swdish as u can get i guess in regards to food

Quoting michaelsmom25:

My step mom is Swedish :) I dont recall eating any traditional Swedish meals though.

Quoting babyblue415:

mostly anything from my home country of Sweden

terbear328
by Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 3:37 PM

Well, I've been cooking since the age of 11. My old grandmother taught me many southern dishes. The biggest thing that everyone always want me to cook is my 4 cheese macoroni and cheese.

terbear328
by Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 3:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Say what? Carrot cake? Mmmmmm. happy

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

My home made carrot cake with home made cream cheese frosting.

terbear328
by Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 3:43 PM
1 mom liked this

All of you are making me hungry. Too bad we all can't get together and make this good food! LOL!

KymberleeAnn
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 3:54 PM

I make a wonderful kale stew

krisdev67
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 4:31 PM

Macaroni and cheese, not the only thing that I can cook because I love to cook but this what I'm ALWAYS asked to bring.  As a matter of fact I have the fixins in the fridge right now to make some for a birthday party on Satuday for my niece and nephew.  I typically have to make 2 very large pans of it.  However this weekend I'm only doing 1 pan.  Oh and sometimes collard greens as well, now those I can throw down on! 

Girlzmachine
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 4:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Mac n cheese,chicken with red sauce and meatballs with homemade sauce. My meatballs have a Zambian twist to them. My mom's recipe that I made my own. Everyone always asks me to make them because I won't give away the recipe.

mom2kortni
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:24 PM
Lasagna. For Thanksgiving, sweet potato soufflé.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN