Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

crazy a$$ co workers

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 1:24 PM
  • 29 Replies

Currently I work at night so yeah I have free time during the day when I'm not sleeping, everyone that I work with knows this. So why did this crazy lady just called me to ask if I would work her overtime today at 2pm and my regular shift starts at 9. She claims she has a family emergency and can't get out of it, if she can't show up she'll be written up. First off she lives alone and her only child lives with her mother and he's 18. I've tried my best to not call her out her name or just laugh in her face but she is pushing it.It has already been proven in the past that she will lie until it makes no sense  and you can't trust her. So at this point I'm curious why hasn't a supervisor or manager said anything to her. I mean this woman gets caught on YouTube and watching the news but we all get an email as a reminder not to use the Internet for personal use. This woman has worked in this department for 8 years and mind you this is a hospital we're talking about. She just makes me wanna scream. Does any have a co worker that you just can't understand why they haven't been let go? I mean don't get me wrong I don't wish unemployment on anyone but at what point do you get fed up with the BS and just hand them their last check and say best of luck to ya.

by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 1:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KymberleeAnn
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 1:25 PM

Wow!

mamadee1971
by Dionne on Jan. 8, 2013 at 1:33 PM
1 mom liked this

I haven't been on my job, long enough, but it usually doesn't take long to figure out what co-workers are "goof offs".  Most of the Associates,that weren't doing jack shit, at my job were only around during the Holiday season or have been fired.

waitin4u
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:49 PM

I so wish they would just sit her down and say come on stop with the b.s m but then again within 8 years they haven't thought to do it then why start now?

.Peaches.
by Le Chatte Noire on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:07 PM

I'm a SAHM, I have no co-workers LOL

waitin4u
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:16 PM

Quoting .Peaches.:

I'm a SAHM, I have no co-workers LOL

Lucky you missy ....lol

diaperstodating
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:16 PM

Yes I did have that problem. I work with kids, I had a co-worker who was always on her cell phone and didn't pay attention to the kids. It was like the phone was glued to her ear the whole time. I told our supervisor on a number of occasions and she was never fired. Sadly she passed away last year, which is the reason I don't have to deal with that problem at work anymore.

earthtone
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:12 PM

Please don't get me started. i know SEVERAL!!!

ksbondgirl
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Being in the HR dept, I get to see when people get written up.  Mind you I don't read the details but I do see the names and there was one guy that would just get past his probation date just to get written up again.  He worked for my company for 2 or more years and about a month ago FINALLY got fired!!!  I would always wonder to myself how long it was going to take until I just gave up guessing.

There are some people that you just know they won't last too long and they don't.  Also we had a female of the other persuasion making the hit on customers and co-workers only to say, "Just kidding!"  She did stuff that men weren't even allowed and then finally it got so bad she was let go.

To me, if you want a job ACT LIKE IT!!!

meka26
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:14 PM

I had a boss who made everyone miserable for years. They finally fired him last year. He deserved it.

SunFlower700
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Maybe you're just having a bad day.  How did she get your phone number?  What was her emergency?  Just because she lives on her own, doesn't mean that she didn't have a valid emergency.  I never give my phone number out to my co-workers.  The only people who have my phone number are the people in HR that have access to my employment record.  Co-workers can drive you nuts, but when you think about it, you see them 5 days a week (sometimes 7 depending on your work) for 7 to 9 hours a day.  They're bound to irritate you from time to time.  

If this is not something she does all the time, I fail to see what the harm is in your co-worker asking you to cover for her.  Some people like the overtime from time to time.  Especially before and after the Christmas holidays.  Plus she is the one who is scheduled to work those hours, you don't have to accept to cover her hours.  She can always ask another co-worker.  I don't know of any company (especially a hospital) where their IT staff has not put a block on access to theYouTube site on their network.  I always keep in mind that no matter how much I like or dislike a coworker, if I can't be bothered doing them a favour once in a blue moon, I shouldn't expect them to do the same for me when I'm in a jam.

Just something to think about.

Quoting waitin4u:

Currently I work at night so yeah I have free time during the day when I'm not sleeping, everyone that I work with knows this. So why did this crazy lady just called me to ask if I would work her overtime today at 2pm and my regular shift starts at 9. She claims she has a family emergency and can't get out of it, if she can't show up she'll be written up. First off she lives alone and her only child lives with her mother and he's 18. I've tried my best to not call her out her name or just laugh in her face but she is pushing it.It has already been proven in the past that she will lie until it makes no sense  and you can't trust her. So at this point I'm curious why hasn't a supervisor or manager said anything to her. I mean this woman gets caught on YouTube and watching the news but we all get an email as a reminder not to use the Internet for personal use. This woman has worked in this department for 8 years and mind you this is a hospital we're talking about. She just makes me wanna scream. Does any have a co worker that you just can't understand why they haven't been let go? I mean don't get me wrong I don't wish unemployment on anyone but at what point do you get fed up with the BS and just hand them their last check and say best of luck to ya.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)