Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

hiatus

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:33 PM
  • 18 Replies

=(

just wanted to give you ladies a heads up i'll be on hiatus due to medical bills piiling up &+ trying to job hunt finish school and move whie  balancing my special needs 5 yrs old and newborn daughter.

tho cafemom is great place where i met some amazing mommys and gain alot of advice and new view on things, i sut wanted to let you knw i will be limited to the internet since i cut my cellphone and internet will be shutting down in 2 days to save money =/

i been trying to find ways to raise money to pay it off but GoFundMe the webite keeps a % of your fundraising so I'll prob be bartending at a local irish pub on the side which sucks

anyway thank you all for your great posts, the good laughs, advice and just fun stuff xoxx

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mbpeaceful12
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:35 PM
2 moms liked this

May God bless you and I'll keep you in my prayers.

MamaFrankie
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:40 PM

Quoting Mbpeaceful12:

thanks i been hit with alot of trials right now, forcing to move because of Sandy [yes the hurricane] causing taxes to go up and jobs not raising pay..i may have to mave back to FL in my MIL house which isn't cool 1 bedroom for me dh our newborn and our 5 yrs old to share =/

trying to avoid that at all costs but cost of living in NJ is RIDIC! we were going to NC but the place we were going to rent fell thru so it's back to square one.

Mbpeaceful12
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:49 PM

Quoting MamaFrankie:

Quoting Mbpeaceful12:

thanks i been hit with alot of trials right now, forcing to move because of Sandy [yes the hurricane] causing taxes to go up and jobs not raising pay..i may have to mave back to FL in my MIL house which isn't cool 1 bedroom for me dh our newborn and our 5 yrs old to share =/

trying to avoid that at all costs but cost of living in NJ is RIDIC! we were going to NC but the place we were going to rent fell thru so it's back to square one.

I remember having to move back home (it was not due to Natural Disasters, though) with my husband and then, one child. It was not easy going from having your own to moving in someone's else. However, if you must take that route, at least you have somewhere to go; just hustle like crazy (school, work, and so forth) so that a year (or less) will not turn into two, three, four, and so on (time flies, even though in certain situations, time seems to stand still). I must commend you on still wanting to remain in school, despite your situations. If you happen to move to Florida, what will happen with your schooling? Will your units transfer over? Will you have to pay out-of-state tuition since you are not a resident? Will your MIL help with babysitting (speaking of that, that can be a positive, a closer bond for your children and their grandmother)?

I understand the cost of living; I live in Los Angeles and it is ridiculous. We may not be as high as New York or even where you stay right now, but it is getting there! If you do not have a well-paid job or career, you must work two and three jobs to make ends meet.

inmybizz
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:50 PM

I hope your situation improves.. Take care!

Stacey1081975
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:52 PM

God Bless you hunn and I hope everything works out and we will be here when you return. You will be missed until you return.

MamaFrankie
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:53 PM

Quoting Mbpeaceful12:

Quoting MamaFrankie:

Quoting Mbpeaceful12:

I remember having to move back home (it was not due to Natural Disasters, though) with my husband and then, one child. It was not easy going from having your own to moving in someone's else. However, if you must take that route, at least you have somewhere to go; just hustle like crazy (school, work, and so forth) so that a year (or less) will not turn into two, three, four, and so on (time flies, even though in certain situations, time seems to stand still). I must commend you on still wanting to remain in school, despite your situations. If you happen to move to Florida, what will happen with your schooling? Will your units transfer over? Will you have to pay out-of-state tuition since you are not a resident? Will your MIL help with babysitting (speaking of that, that can be a positive, a closer bond for your children and their grandmother)?

I understand the cost of living; I live in Los Angeles and it is ridiculous. We may not be as high as New York or even where you stay right now, but it is getting there! If you do not have a well-paid job or career, you must work two and three jobs to make ends meet.

Luckily I have full scholarship that transfers along with my credits. the shit thing about miami is that they have shitty schools for autism [which is what my son has.] i am from NJ. i moved to miami where DH is from[he moved from cuba to miami when he was 7.] i just dont feel comfortable living there bc of 1 room and the fact they have roaches -_- not the most nice enviorment. most jobs in miami YOU MUST SPEAK SPANISH which pisses me off because thats why i LEFT and came back home to NJ. =/

NC is where we were going bc of jobs and cheaper living but the place we found fell thru and we dont have enough saved up to take another trip to look at places =/ this just fucking sucks but God gives u what you can handle

Mbpeaceful12
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:57 PM

Please remember your last sentence when the going gets rough. You take care now and please reunite with us when you have the chance!

Quoting MamaFrankie:

Quoting Mbpeaceful12:

Quoting MamaFrankie:

Quoting Mbpeaceful12:

Luckily I have full scholarship that transfers along with my credits. the shit thing about miami is that they have shitty schools for autism [which is what my son has.] i am from NJ. i moved to miami where DH is from[he moved from cuba to miami when he was 7.] i just dont feel comfortable living there bc of 1 room and the fact they have roaches -_- not the most nice enviorment. most jobs in miami YOU MUST SPEAK SPANISH which pisses me off because thats why i LEFT and came back home to NJ. =/

NC is where we were going bc of jobs and cheaper living but the place we found fell thru and we dont have enough saved up to take another trip to look at places =/ this just fucking sucks but God gives u what you can handle

SunFlower700
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:03 PM

Quoting inmybizz:

I hope your situation improves.. Take care!

Deezeekay
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:08 PM

Big Hugs to you and yours, hang in there sweetie-I hope things get better for you real quick ♥

earthtone
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:20 PM

Sorry to hear that you are going through some rough times. Unfortunately, your situation sounds familiar. A friend of mine  was  laidoff this past Friday. . She's afraid that she will have to relocate to another state as well.

I'll pray that it all works out for you. Take care\!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)