Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

If you are in a room with someone and they start to cry...

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:33 PM
  • 20 Replies
1 mom liked this

What would you do? One of my biggest fears is that someone will cry in front of me, and it will be just me and I will have to do something. I don't know why but crying people make me really nervous. Anywho I want to become more comfortable in those type of situations so I was wondering what would you do?

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goins1119
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:41 PM
2 moms liked this

I would ask, "are you okay?" Depending on their response, I would know what to do next. If they brush me off, that means they want privacy with their emotion. But if they share any of their feelings with me, that lets me know that they need or desire comfort and support. At that point I would lend a listening ear and comforting words and depending on the situation, maybe even a hug...

rayroe2
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:29 PM

I wouldn't know what to do either. I don't do well with people crying, I just tend to stare at them and let them know its okay just cry it out.

inmybizz
by Platinum Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:55 PM

ask if they are okay.  

Simply3
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:00 PM
1 mom liked this
I would ask them what's wrong and try to console them. Crying is good for the soul.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
darnette
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:00 PM
I'd ask if they were alright, if I could help then I would try but if not I would show some kind of support. Like words of encouragement or a pat on the back, etc....
Tish_Hughes
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:21 PM
5 moms liked this

Tell them that they're acting like a bitch and ain't nobody got time for that.

SunFlower700
by Gold Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:25 PM
1 mom liked this

IDK, I'm only uncomfortable around people who cry if they are not crying because of an illness, or death.  I remember this man crying one time because of some freaking stupid reason.  I just turned and walked away.  I don't know how to deal with highly sensitive people, especially when they are male.

Captzsss
by Silver Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:26 PM
I just hollered. Funny

Quoting Tish_Hughes:

Tell them that they're acting like a bitch and ain't nobody got time for that.

ayacocca
by Gold Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:29 PM

girl... I can't help. whenever I see someone cry, I tear up myself...

Captzsss
by Silver Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:37 PM
This just happened to me New Years Day. I was at my cousins for dinner. I went to get my purse out the room and the door was closed. I knocked no one answered so I went in. There was my cousins friend sitting on the side of the bed boo hooing, I mean crying like her momma just died. I'm looking like WTF do I do. I say, Are you okay? She replies, why did he put all my business on FB. I turned around walked out the door went to my cousin and told her to get her crazy ass friend. Really? Your grown ass crying about something this man put on FB. As Tish said, ain't nobody got time for that.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)