Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

babyshower yes or no

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:42 PM
  • 24 Replies

My Dd is six so all her baby stuff is gone. I wasn't planning on having a baby shower til dh was like so when you want one.Then his mother threw in her two cents about a person should only have one.She only had one but her boys are three years apart.Dh is full steam having the shower regardless of his moms two cents but I started thinking would she not come because this would be our second shower. She was really excited about us getting pregnant seeing that dh's brother can't have kid sadly due to his MS and having to do chemo. Seeing how I don't like drama I am sort of thinking should I just not have it just so I don't have drama going on.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
moosesmom
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:52 PM
3 moms liked this
If she doesn't come there won't be any drama :-)

And really who cares what she thinks? It's you and your husband's baby...not her baby. Have the shower and have fun!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Simply3
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:32 PM
This

Quoting moosesmom:

And really who cares what she thinks? It's you and your husband's baby...not her baby. Have the shower and have fun!
JalensMommy2012
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:53 PM
3 moms liked this
Your oldest is 6....not 1 or even 2 so I don't see what the big deal is about you having a shower.

Do what makes you and DH happy and if his mammy don't like it, she can keep her ass at home. End of story.
Hottmomma607
Monday!
Yesterday at 12:50 PM
by Group Mod - Trica on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:59 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree! New baby, another shower! Whats the big deal?

Quoting Simply3:

This

Quoting moosesmom:

Mommabearbergh
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:02 PM

I wish I knew. I was thinking it was a generation thing. Like how some people think its not good to wear white after labor day

Quoting Hottmomma607:

Quoting Simply3:

This

Quoting moosesmom:

CafeMom Tickers
Babujai
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:03 PM

If you need stuff, have the shower.  Whether your MIL attends or not she'll get over it, especially once the baby comes along.

Hottmomma607
Monday!
Yesterday at 12:50 PM
by Group Mod - Trica on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:04 PM
LOL
She needs to sit down somewhere!

Quoting Mommabearbergh:

I wish I knew. I was thinking it was a generation thing. Like how some people think its not good to wear white after labor day

Quoting Hottmomma607:

Quoting Simply3:

This

Quoting moosesmom:

specialwingz
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't get these people who think a woman should get only one baby shower.  Baby showers are NOT about the mother.  They are about the baby.  And, although many things are great for hand-me-downs, every new baby deserves some new things of their own.

specialwingz
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:10 PM

I'm not sure it's generational, really.  I'm 53 and was given baby showers for each of my 4 kids (the last 2 being twins).

I've thrown multilple showers for my bff's babies.  My grandma held showers for all the pregnant women in the family, regardless if it was baby #1 or baby #12.

So, seriously...I don't know where this crazy thinking came from that the 1st baby is the only baby that gets showered with gifts.  JSMH.

Quoting Mommabearbergh:

Quoting Hottmomma607:

Quoting Simply3:

This

Quoting moosesmom:

SexyDiva19
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:23 PM

I've never had one but if I ever get pregnant again I do want to have one just to see what its like. I say its your baby so have a shower if you want to. Don't let your MIL dictate whether you have one or not.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)