Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

My Dd is six so all her baby stuff is gone. I wasn't planning on having a baby shower til dh was like so when you want one.Then his mother threw in her two cents about a person should only have one.She only had one but her boys are three years apart.Dh is full steam having the shower regardless of his moms two cents but I started thinking would she not come because this would be our second shower. She was really excited about us getting pregnant seeing that dh's brother can't have kid sadly due to his MS and having to do chemo. Seeing how I don't like drama I am sort of thinking should I just not have it just so I don't have drama going on.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:42 PM
Replies (11-20):
Mama-Lovejoy
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:44 PM

If you want a babyshower...then have a babyshower!! Don't spend too much of your time pondering on other people's opinions...it takes away from you enjoying this special time!! Good luck to you...enjoy ur shower!

jaysmom2002
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:49 PM
Girl have your baby shower & don't invite her. That's what I would do
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JalensMommy2012
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 6:18 PM
1 mom liked this
I have wondered the same thing. When did this NO MORE SHOWERS rule get introduced. My cousin has a 4 year old little boy and she is due next month with another little boy. When the invitations to the shower came out our own family acted like she had just shot john by having a shower for her second child. It was a bunch of "ill be damned if I buy a gift", "aint she having another boy? What she need a shower for?" Etc.

I just smdh because last I checked the shower was about celebrating the new little life on the way, and IMO it doesn't or SHOULDN'T matter if its baby number 1 or baby number 6....ALL BABIES are blessings and deserve to be celebrated.

Quoting specialwingz:

I'm not sure it's generational, really.  I'm 53 and was given baby showers for each of my 4 kids (the last 2 being twins).

I've thrown multilple showers for my bff's babies.  My grandma held showers for all the pregnant women in the family, regardless if it was baby #1 or baby #12.

So, seriously...I don't know where this crazy thinking came from that the 1st baby is the only baby that gets showered with gifts.  JSMH.

Quoting Mommabearbergh:

I wish I knew. I was thinking it was a generation thing. Like how some people think its not good to wear white after labor day

Quoting Hottmomma607:

I agree! New baby, another shower! Whats the big deal?

Quoting Simply3:

This

Quoting moosesmom:

If she doesn't come there won't be any drama :-)

And really who cares what she thinks? It's you and your husband's baby...not her baby. Have the shower and have fun!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MomRocs1102
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:34 PM

this, enjoy

Quoting moosesmom:

And really who cares what she thinks? It's you and your husband's baby...not her baby. Have the shower and have fun!

pregnancy calendar
Bunsmommy
by Ruby Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:12 PM
1 mom liked this
All off topic, you look great for your age!

Quoting specialwingz:

I'm not sure it's generational, really.  I'm 53 and was given baby showers for each of my 4 kids (the last 2 being twins).

I've thrown multilple showers for my bff's babies.  My grandma held showers for all the pregnant women in the family, regardless if it was baby #1 or baby #12.

So, seriously...I don't know where this crazy thinking came from that the 1st baby is the only baby that gets showered with gifts.  JSMH.

Quoting Mommabearbergh:

I wish I knew. I was thinking it was a generation thing. Like how some people think its not good to wear white after labor day

Quoting Hottmomma607:

Quoting Simply3:

This

Quoting moosesmom:

MummiMayI
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:37 PM

Have one.

I'm pregnant now and everyone is asking me if I'm having one. I'm not though, This is my fourth pregnancy, (I'm having twins) I only had one baby shower 11 yrs ago and my baby is 3.

upsanddowns
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:43 PM
You aint got none of the old shit so there you go and where she get them rules from? If she don't want to buy shit tell her you accept..ill watch your kid for free every now and then while you and pappy kick it coupons
specialwingz
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:18 PM

Well, thank you!  *blushing*

Quoting Bunsmommy:

All off topic, you look great for your age!

Quoting specialwingz:

Quoting Mommabearbergh:

Quoting Hottmomma607:

Quoting Simply3:

This

Quoting moosesmom:

Rocsi718
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:21 AM

I believe its up to you if you want to have another babyshower or not. And you waited 6yrs to get pregnant again i see nothing wrong with you having another babyshower. Pregnancy and new life is special and it deserves to celebrated

mrjonesii
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:47 AM

I had 4 (I can explain) do what you wish those that will come, will come 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)