Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

My Dd is six so all her baby stuff is gone. I wasn't planning on having a baby shower til dh was like so when you want one.Then his mother threw in her two cents about a person should only have one.She only had one but her boys are three years apart.Dh is full steam having the shower regardless of his moms two cents but I started thinking would she not come because this would be our second shower. She was really excited about us getting pregnant seeing that dh's brother can't have kid sadly due to his MS and having to do chemo. Seeing how I don't like drama I am sort of thinking should I just not have it just so I don't have drama going on.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:42 PM
Replies (21-24):
viasacra18
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:08 AM
Forget her, its not her life! Every new baby deserves a shower especially if you have nothing! And you dh is very sweet for doing so! I've had three children and mother threw me a shower for each one! Just find a way to word that its been a while so you actually need stuff! Good luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mkfran
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:43 AM

I have 3 kids and I had 3 baby showers.  Each time you have a baby you need things for the baby no matter if they are 2 years apart or 12 years apart.  Each time I had a shower I was working in a different city (Germany for my second child).  Because children out grow things so fast, most people don't keep clothes like they use to to pass them on to the next child.

tanishagreene
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:50 AM

I dont know wgere that no more showers rule came from. My dd is two and im still having a shower for my next especilly if its a boy you cant always hand down. Ive been going through dd things now she doesnt have a lot of infant things. I throw things away quick I hate clutter so I'd like to have a shower for the little things like clothes, shoes, toys and things like that. Its a celebration of new life anyway not so much about the gifts IMO

TrulyMicka
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:53 PM

I havent read all of the other replies but im just gone say that I dont like drama either...but I would def. have my baby shower if thats what we (me&father) wanted...I would even send her an invite so there wouldnt be any hard feelings....I say have it & enjoy your special memories with or with mil...her lose!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN