Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

70% of married men in a study said that ...

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:38 PM
  • 22 Replies

if they could cheat on their wife and get away with it, they would. 

I'm watching Doc Zone on CBC.  They have this episode on relationships on right now.  It was mentioned on the show that in a study 70% of married men said that if they could cheat on their wife and get away with it, they would.  That's a high number.

They also did a segment of how Tampa, Florida is the strip club capital of the North America.  How when the Republican National Convention came to Tampa in 2012, the strip clubs were busier than normal.  Majority of the men in these strip clubs were republicans.

They stated some other interesting facts, but these two stood out the most to me. 

I'm going to see if I can find an article link from Doc Zone on this episode.

Edited:  to clarify stated "married" men.

http://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/cbcs-doc-zone-exposes-reasons-182500217.html

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
leaniece
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:50 PM
7 moms liked this
Why am I NOT surprised lol..... Men! I'm curious as to the number of women would cheat if they were able to get away with it :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SunFlower700
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:52 PM

I should have clarified in my first post that they stated "married" men.  They didn't say the percentage for "married" women.

Quoting leaniece:

Why am I NOT surprised lol..... Men! I'm curious as to the number of women would cheat if they were able to get away with it :)

leaniece
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:59 PM
2 moms liked this
Yep, I understood.... Men are men whether married or not I guess. I am going to stay positive and think my hubby is part of the 30% :)

Quoting SunFlower700:

I should have clarified in my first post that they stated "married" men.  They didn't say the percentage for "married" women.

Quoting leaniece:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
earthtone
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:23 PM

Wow, that is a pretty HIGH percentage.

.Peaches.
by Le Chatte Noire on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:21 AM
3 moms liked this

Not surprised. Its kinda sad that getting caught is the only reason why more of them DON'T cheat! lol

.Peaches.
by Le Chatte Noire on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting leaniece:

Yep, I understood.... Men are men whether married or not I guess. I am going to stay positive and think my hubby is part of the 30% :)

Quoting SunFlower700:

Quoting leaniece:

You know you got a good one girl, you talk about him all the time LOL

(Like I'm not guilty of the same thing *hangs head*)

krisdev67
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:15 PM
1 mom liked this

lmbo, well if they're going to cheat who are they cheating with?  Most I'm sure are with married women, less headaches.  However I'm like one of the other posters.  I wonder home many married women would cheat if they could get away with it.  Also, I wonder how that changes with age.  I would take a guess and say that most younger men would want to cheat if they could and older women would cheat if they could.  I could be wrong.

Pooobaihr
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:44 PM
5 moms liked this

lol I bet if this were posted in one of the other groups around here, loads of chicks would be up in arms about it.. "MY HUSBAND WOULD NEVER DO SUCH A THING!!!!" pffft.

Men are men, and if they want to do something, they'll do it. Doesn't matter how much he loves you.  If they WANT to , they will.  If your hubby expresses that he will never do it, its because he doesn't want to.

Stacey1081975
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 3:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Not surprising at all!!! sorry ladies but it not!

SunFlower700
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 5:36 PM

I found from Google searching that the Doc Zone segment was called "Why Men Cheat".  Which is why they didn't focus on women.  Some other discussions in the show they mentioned were why men in power would risk jeopardizing their position over a cheating scandal - Bill Clinton and Monica Lewinsky (sp?) - John Edwards and his mistress - John F. Kennedy and Marilyn Monroe, etc...  How it was very common and accepted more for a man to cheat on his wife or have more than one wife back in the 1800s, and how women have changed and don't put up with that crap like women back then did.  Some of it was interesting, but I misssed the first 20 minutes of the show.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)