Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

70% of married men in a study said that ...

Posted by   + Show Post

if they could cheat on their wife and get away with it, they would. 

I'm watching Doc Zone on CBC.  They have this episode on relationships on right now.  It was mentioned on the show that in a study 70% of married men said that if they could cheat on their wife and get away with it, they would.  That's a high number.

They also did a segment of how Tampa, Florida is the strip club capital of the North America.  How when the Republican National Convention came to Tampa in 2012, the strip clubs were busier than normal.  Majority of the men in these strip clubs were republicans.

They stated some other interesting facts, but these two stood out the most to me. 

I'm going to see if I can find an article link from Doc Zone on this episode.

Edited:  to clarify stated "married" men.

http://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/cbcs-doc-zone-exposes-reasons-182500217.html

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:38 PM
Replies (11-20):
TrulyMicka
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm sure...but like leniece said I'd like to think that my boo is in the 30% ...we arent married but still......

krisdev67
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:27 AM
1 mom liked this
IMO I think men cheat because they can. I think women cheat because they feel like something is missing. Ehhh it is what it is.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mrzsimmons322
by Crystal on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:18 AM
2 moms liked this
Same here thinking positive that dh is part of the 30%

Quoting leaniece:

Yep, I understood.... Men are men whether married or not I guess. I am going to stay positive and think my hubby is part of the 30% :)

Quoting SunFlower700:

I should have clarified in my first post that they stated "married" men.  They didn't say the percentage for "married" women.

Quoting leaniece:

Why am I NOT surprised lol..... Men! I'm curious as to the number of women would cheat if they were able to get away with it :)

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Iconoclast
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 4:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm not surprised there are a lot of things most people would do if they knew they wouldn't get caught. ((shrugs))

Hottmomma607
by Group Mod - Trica on Jan. 26, 2013 at 4:20 PM

Right! They're out there!

Quoting leaniece:

Why am I NOT surprised lol..... Men! I'm curious as to the number of women would cheat if they were able to get away with it :)

Hottmomma607
by Group Mod - Trica on Jan. 26, 2013 at 4:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Agree!

Quoting leaniece:

Yep, I understood.... Men are men whether married or not I guess. I am going to stay positive and think know my hubby is part of the 30% :)

Quoting SunFlower700:

I should have clarified in my first post that they stated "married" men.  They didn't say the percentage for "married" women.

Quoting leaniece:

Hottmomma607
by Group Mod - Trica on Jan. 26, 2013 at 4:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Stacey1081975:

Not surprising at all!!! sorry ladies but it not!

This isn't surprising! But its not frustrating or discouraging! I know who lay down with at night and where his heart&mind is! I do think its sad 70% said that!

Stacey1081975
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:21 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree 100% ....I dont let surveys/studies determine my life in any way....

Quoting Hottmomma607:

Quoting Stacey1081975:

Not surprising at all!!! sorry ladies but it not!

This isn't surprising! But its not frustrating or discouraging! I know who lay down with at night and where his heart&mind is! I do think its sad 70% said that!

ksbondgirl
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:52 AM

It's quite simple really.  Men live by their "divining rod".  It doesn't mean that they don't love their wives, they just think with their "third leg".

SunFlower700
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:18 PM

LOL 

Quoting ksbondgirl:

It's quite simple really.  Men live by their "divining rod".  It doesn't mean that they don't love their wives, they just think with their "third leg".

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)