Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

i say Indi'yunna Jer'Najia or Indi'yonna Ja'Najia Clark>

but my baby daddy say Ke'Niyah Indiyunna which i think is not a cute name>

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:40 PM
Replies (21-30):
LaceNBklyn
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:57 AM
Ignore the people who you think are being smart asses. Anyway how about Jadaina , jendi, india - jayah. Those kind of have the same ring as your cousin.

Quoting SHEMEKIA:

An when i post questions up her I just be looking for help an not drama. I try to talk to ppl bout any an ever thang but i c u cant do that with some ppl because they still on they childish mess.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
.Peaches.
by Le Chatte Noire on Jan. 26, 2013 at 2:10 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you! Those are names that teachers skip and come back to on the first day of school after they're done calling everyone else's name, then assign a nickname because they STILL can't pronounce it.

I'm just sayin, a name shouldn't have 11 consonants and only 2 vowels.

Quoting mom2kortni:

Those names are horrible, sorry....no I'm not. You can't even pronounce those names.
Hottmomma607
by Group Mod - Trica on Jan. 26, 2013 at 2:32 AM
Oh ok!

Quoting SHEMEKIA:

we made them up

Quoting joschmidt:

But what do they mean? Are they "made up"? A mixture of names?

Quoting SHEMEKIA:

my mom wonted to name her similar to my lil cousin India Ja'nae

Quoting Hottmomma607:

What do the names mean?

Rocsi718
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 2:45 AM
3 moms liked this

I'm going to say this without passing judgement.... this is your child and you can name her whatever you like however your naming creativity may hinder your daughter in the future with college and job wise.there's nothing wrong with giving your child a name that's different,unique, or what have you. But it should be realistic and sensible because at the end of the day your daughter has to live with the name not you....i'm just saying and I'm not trying to be mean..... just honest.

Bunsmommy
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 4:55 AM
What you doing pregnant and why I got to find out this way?

Quoting upsanddowns:

Find some common ground with ur man on the name. I'm naming my baby girl Magdalen Vircella and my dh didn't like Maggie at first but.... it grew on him lol
Bunsmommy
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:17 AM
11 moms liked this
Seriously, break out of the stereotype! If you take what I'm about to say wrong, so be it. Two tears in a bucket; but I'm seriously about to give you a lesson.
You are a walking, talking (typing) stereotype of what "America" says is a young black woman. Not even 21, and already have two babies, from the way you type you sound like you're just this side of being illiterate which makes me question whether or not you graduated high school (or if you did a Jethro Bodine), you've never stated what you intend to do after you give birth on the 30th, so that probably means you have no goals, and now you want to saddle your child with a Le-a (ledasha) type name. BREAK OUT OF THE FUCKING STEREOTYPE!
First of all, it's your child; she's not your cousin's baby, not your mama's baby she doesn't have to be cousin's baby's name twin! Second, if you're going to name her something off the wall then at least when someone says "Shemekia, what the hell do all those letters and misguided apostrophes mean" be able to say they have a meaning other than "I took the letters from scrabble tossed them in a bag, shook them up.....and BAM! That's what I got!" Long after you're gone, she's going to have that name and unfortunately, since republicans and tea party members are birthing babies daily when she is grown when a perspective boss sees her name they're going to gladly skip over that mess! As a matter of fact we don't even have to project that far when she hits school her name is going to have her labeled because there are quite a few of my colleagues who believe ghetto names are indicative of a child's behavior and the behavior of their parents.....to be honest, some days I believe the hype.
Giving your child that name already classifies her and sits her in a box to already be next in line for the stereotype. Go find a baby name book and if you find a traditional name and want to give it a personal touch, go for it. But this, this is a mess.
Bunsmommy
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:20 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh yeah, and since the full moon for the month of January has come and you're still incubating, I presume you now know why that question amused many of us.
nikabear
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:27 AM
This is some straight bullshit!!! Ain't nobody got time for this mess......wtf do those names even mean???
January1964
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:29 AM

Make it easy on the child, something easy to spell and pronounce.

leaniece
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:59 AM
Maggie is a cute name :)

Quoting upsanddowns:

Find some common ground with ur man on the name. I'm naming my baby girl Magdalen Vircella and my dh didn't like Maggie at first but.... it grew on him lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)