Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

i say Indi'yunna Jer'Najia or Indi'yonna Ja'Najia Clark>

but my baby daddy say Ke'Niyah Indiyunna which i think is not a cute name>

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:40 PM
Replies (41-50):
Bunsmommy
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:45 AM
2 moms liked this
It's stuff like this that annoys me when it comes to how others perceive us. BBW, L & HH, hell even Shawty Lo and his basketball team of baby mamas are solely for entertainment but this type of shit is serious! These are the types of things that should have us as a people up in arms signing petitions. This is the exploitation of our race at its finest! Other races do some crazy shit to their children's names, like Hashtag Johansson and it's "ooh they really like twitter, how unique is that?" news on yahoo. And in 20 years she'll be someone's CEO, but I promise you little Hashtag Jenkins would've had MF's screaming about "that's why mamas in the hood shouldn't be able to name their children!" We've got to stop this madness! This is a case of unique gone wrong!

Quoting .Peaches.:

Quoting Bunsmommy:

Seriously, break out of the stereotype! If you take what I'm about to say wrong, so be it. Two tears in a bucket; but I'm seriously about to give you a lesson.

You are a walking, talking (typing) stereotype of what "America" says is a young black woman. Not even 21, and already have two babies, from the way you type you sound like you're just this side of being illiterate which makes me question whether or not you graduated high school (or if you did a Jethro Bodine), you've never stated what you intend to do after you give birth on the 30th, so that probably means you have no goals, and now you want to saddle your child with a Le-a (ledasha) type name. BREAK OUT OF THE FUCKING STEREOTYPE!

First of all, it's your child; she's not your cousin's baby, not your mama's baby she doesn't have to be cousin's baby's name twin! Second, if you're going to name her something off the wall then at least when someone says "Shemekia, what the hell do all those letters and misguided apostrophes mean" be able to say they have a meaning other than "I took the letters from scrabble tossed them in a bag, shook them up.....and BAM! That's what I got!" Long after you're gone, she's going to have that name and unfortunately, since republicans and tea party members are birthing babies daily when she is grown when a perspective boss sees her name they're going to gladly skip over that mess! As a matter of fact we don't even have to project that far when she hits school her name is going to have her labeled because there are quite a few of my colleagues who believe ghetto names are indicative of a child's behavior and the behavior of their parents.....to be honest, some days I believe the hype.

Giving your child that name already classifies her and sits her in a box to already be next in line for the stereotype. Go find a baby name book and if you find a traditional name and want to give it a personal touch, go for it. But this, this is a mess.

See, you were nice and explained it....I didn't bother, I figured she knows or knew exactly what she's doing- basic birds do crap like that, and you can't get more basic than the hot mess of a name she posted.

Buns, I think I'm in love with you girrrlllllll

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
upsanddowns
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:50 AM
The mister got that super sperm.......... I'm happy now
Yall heffas keep booting me for lack of play so...

Quoting Bunsmommy:

What you doing pregnant and why I got to find out this way?

Quoting upsanddowns:

Find some common ground with ur man on the name. I'm naming my baby girl Magdalen Vircella and my dh didn't like Maggie at first but.... it grew on him lol
inmybizz
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:54 AM
6 moms liked this

mess around and flunk kindergarten because she can't spell her name.. :/

Quoting Mama-Lovejoy:

I would ponder on some other names if you ever expect your child to be taken seriously. She's going to have to learn to spell that name...write it and (here comes the scary part) PRONOUNCE IT!!! If your set on those names...at least reconsider the spelling! Good Luck...

mom2kortni
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:05 AM
Literally LOL'd!!!

Quoting inmybizz:

Quoting Mama-Lovejoy:

I would ponder on some other names if you ever expect your child to be taken seriously. She's going to have to learn to spell that name...write it and (here comes the scary part) PRONOUNCE IT!!! If your set on those names...at least reconsider the spelling! Good Luck...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Deezeekay
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:14 AM

I'm sorry, I had to increase the font size to make sure I was reading those names correctly-since you asked, honestly, all three choices are fucked up. Aeiouandsometimesyeisha is better than what's going on here. The only thing I like about that name is "CLARK."   

Quoting SHEMEKIA:

Bunsmommy
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:19 AM
Stop playing, you know when you knock you always get in!

Quoting upsanddowns:

The mister got that super sperm.......... I'm happy now

Yall heffas keep booting me for lack of play so...

Quoting Bunsmommy:

What you doing pregnant and why I got to find out this way?

Quoting upsanddowns:

Find some common ground with ur man on the name. I'm naming my baby girl Magdalen Vircella and my dh didn't like Maggie at first but.... it grew on him lol
Bunsmommy
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:24 AM
1 mom liked this
And they say I'm the ignant one!

Quoting Deezeekay:

I'm sorry, I had to increase the font size to make sure I was reading those names correctly-since you asked, honestly, all three choices are fucked up. Aeiouandsometimesyeisha is better than what's going on here. The only thing I like about that name is "CLARK."   

Quoting SHEMEKIA:

nikabear
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:16 PM
#pow

Quoting mrzsimmons322:

#BOOM

Quoting Bunsmommy:

Seriously, break out of the stereotype! If you take what I'm about to say wrong, so be it. Two tears in a bucket; but I'm seriously about to give you a lesson.

You are a walking, talking (typing) stereotype of what "America" says is a young black woman. Not even 21, and already have two babies, from the way you type you sound like you're just this side of being illiterate which makes me question whether or not you graduated high school (or if you did a Jethro Bodine), you've never stated what you intend to do after you give birth on the 30th, so that probably means you have no goals, and now you want to saddle your child with a Le-a (ledasha) type name. BREAK OUT OF THE FUCKING STEREOTYPE!

First of all, it's your child; she's not your cousin's baby, not your mama's baby she doesn't have to be cousin's baby's name twin! Second, if you're going to name her something off the wall then at least when someone says "Shemekia, what the hell do all those letters and misguided apostrophes mean" be able to say they have a meaning other than "I took the letters from scrabble tossed them in a bag, shook them up.....and BAM! That's what I got!" Long after you're gone, she's going to have that name and unfortunately, since republicans and tea party members are birthing babies daily when she is grown when a perspective boss sees her name they're going to gladly skip over that mess! As a matter of fact we don't even have to project that far when she hits school her name is going to have her labeled because there are quite a few of my colleagues who believe ghetto names are indicative of a child's behavior and the behavior of their parents.....to be honest, some days I believe the hype.

Giving your child that name already classifies her and sits her in a box to already be next in line for the stereotype. Go find a baby name book and if you find a traditional name and want to give it a personal touch, go for it. But this, this is a mess.

nikabear
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:19 PM
When uniqueness goes wrong......
#dead

Quoting Bunsmommy:

It's stuff like this that annoys me when it comes to how others perceive us. BBW, L & HH, hell even Shawty Lo and his basketball team of baby mamas are solely for entertainment but this type of shit is serious! These are the types of things that should have us as a people up in arms signing petitions. This is the exploitation of our race at its finest! Other races do some crazy shit to their children's names, like Hashtag Johansson and it's "ooh they really like twitter, how unique is that?" news on yahoo. And in 20 years she'll be someone's CEO, but I promise you little Hashtag Jenkins would've had MF's screaming about "that's why mamas in the hood shouldn't be able to name their children!" We've got to stop this madness! This is a case of unique gone wrong!

Quoting .Peaches.:

Quoting Bunsmommy:

See, you were nice and explained it....I didn't bother, I figured she knows or knew exactly what she's doing- basic birds do crap like that, and you can't get more basic than the hot mess of a name she posted.

Buns, I think I'm in love with you girrrlllllll

nikabear
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:21 PM
I have died three times in the post......#dead

Quoting inmybizz:

Quoting Mama-Lovejoy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN