Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i say Indi'yunna Jer'Najia or Indi'yonna Ja'Najia Clark>

but my baby daddy say Ke'Niyah Indiyunna which i think is not a cute name>

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:40 PM
Replies (31-40):
mrzsimmons322
by Crystal on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:00 AM
1 mom liked this
R u serious with those names?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Believe86
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:02 AM
2 moms liked this
Whatever you choose, please consider how her names are gonna look on paper. Don't set her up for confusion later on in life.
inmybizz
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:42 AM
7 moms liked this

Shemekia you have taken "unique names" to a dangerous level..I don't like the names..these are the worst names i have ever seen/attempted to pronounce(and i say that nicely).Please don't do that to your kid..

inmybizz
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:45 AM

LOL!! i did a snort laugh on that one...

Quoting .Peaches.:

Thank you! Those are names that teachers skip and come back to on the first day of school after they're done calling everyone else's name, then assign a nickname because they STILL can't pronounce it.

I'm just sayin, a name shouldn't have 11 consonants and only 2 vowels.

Quoting mom2kortni:

Those names are horrible, sorry....no I'm not. You can't even pronounce those names.

2timezthefun
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:55 AM

Is this for real ? I personally wouldn't give my daughter any of those names. You do know she needs a job when she grows up right ? 

Captzsss
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:00 AM
2 moms liked this
This is ridiculous.
mrzsimmons322
by Crystal on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:07 AM
#BOOM

Quoting Bunsmommy:

Seriously, break out of the stereotype! If you take what I'm about to say wrong, so be it. Two tears in a bucket; but I'm seriously about to give you a lesson.

You are a walking, talking (typing) stereotype of what "America" says is a young black woman. Not even 21, and already have two babies, from the way you type you sound like you're just this side of being illiterate which makes me question whether or not you graduated high school (or if you did a Jethro Bodine), you've never stated what you intend to do after you give birth on the 30th, so that probably means you have no goals, and now you want to saddle your child with a Le-a (ledasha) type name. BREAK OUT OF THE FUCKING STEREOTYPE!

First of all, it's your child; she's not your cousin's baby, not your mama's baby she doesn't have to be cousin's baby's name twin! Second, if you're going to name her something off the wall then at least when someone says "Shemekia, what the hell do all those letters and misguided apostrophes mean" be able to say they have a meaning other than "I took the letters from scrabble tossed them in a bag, shook them up.....and BAM! That's what I got!" Long after you're gone, she's going to have that name and unfortunately, since republicans and tea party members are birthing babies daily when she is grown when a perspective boss sees her name they're going to gladly skip over that mess! As a matter of fact we don't even have to project that far when she hits school her name is going to have her labeled because there are quite a few of my colleagues who believe ghetto names are indicative of a child's behavior and the behavior of their parents.....to be honest, some days I believe the hype.

Giving your child that name already classifies her and sits her in a box to already be next in line for the stereotype. Go find a baby name book and if you find a traditional name and want to give it a personal touch, go for it. But this, this is a mess.

.Peaches.
by Le Chatte Noire on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Bunsmommy:

Seriously, break out of the stereotype! If you take what I'm about to say wrong, so be it. Two tears in a bucket; but I'm seriously about to give you a lesson.
You are a walking, talking (typing) stereotype of what "America" says is a young black woman. Not even 21, and already have two babies, from the way you type you sound like you're just this side of being illiterate which makes me question whether or not you graduated high school (or if you did a Jethro Bodine), you've never stated what you intend to do after you give birth on the 30th, so that probably means you have no goals, and now you want to saddle your child with a Le-a (ledasha) type name. BREAK OUT OF THE FUCKING STEREOTYPE!
First of all, it's your child; she's not your cousin's baby, not your mama's baby she doesn't have to be cousin's baby's name twin! Second, if you're going to name her something off the wall then at least when someone says "Shemekia, what the hell do all those letters and misguided apostrophes mean" be able to say they have a meaning other than "I took the letters from scrabble tossed them in a bag, shook them up.....and BAM! That's what I got!" Long after you're gone, she's going to have that name and unfortunately, since republicans and tea party members are birthing babies daily when she is grown when a perspective boss sees her name they're going to gladly skip over that mess! As a matter of fact we don't even have to project that far when she hits school her name is going to have her labeled because there are quite a few of my colleagues who believe ghetto names are indicative of a child's behavior and the behavior of their parents.....to be honest, some days I believe the hype.
Giving your child that name already classifies her and sits her in a box to already be next in line for the stereotype. Go find a baby name book and if you find a traditional name and want to give it a personal touch, go for it. But this, this is a mess.

See, you were nice and explained it....I didn't bother, I figured she knows or knew exactly what she's doing- basic birds do crap like that, and you can't get more basic than the hot mess of a name she posted.

Buns, I think I'm in love with you girrrlllllll

Mama-Lovejoy
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:54 AM
1 mom liked this
I would ponder on some other names if you ever expect your child to be taken seriously. She's going to have to learn to spell that name...write it and (here comes the scary part) PRONOUNCE IT!!! If your set on those names...at least reconsider the spelling! Good Luck...
Simply3
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:13 AM
I would reconsider the name...that is way too much going on smh.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)