Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

Moby Wraps

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 6:30 PM
  • 11 Replies
Did any of you use a Moby Wrap or similar when you baby was an infant?

I have one for my son, but he is outgrowing it. My cousin is pregnant (due next month) and I offered it to her because it was a lifesaver for me. Well she declined it because according to her its sooo extra and she always felt like I was doing too much with that damn wrap. Lol But when I think about it I never saw anyone else with one in my city the whole time I've been using it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 6:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Amada
by Gina <3 on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:41 PM

Never quite learned to tie it right. I was scared she's fall out. 

MomRocs1102
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:55 PM

I don't think using a wrap is extra, I don't have one for dd, but shes only 2weeks and 1day so its not like we've been out and about.

JalensMommy2012
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:12 PM
I was too. My son was a premiee so he was really tiny. I practiced and only walked around in the house with it until I got comfortable with him being in it.

Quoting Amada:

Never quite learned to tie it right. I was scared she's fall out. 

JalensMommy2012
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:16 PM
Awwww congratulations.

I absolutely love mine and I'm kinda sad he's outgrowing it. When they are that little (my son was a month old when I first started using it) it was great. I could go out and he would be completely covered up and I didn't have to worry about people wanting to touch him. It was always funny when people didn't realize it was a baby tied to me and then I'd pop his head for a bottle or while I readjusted to nurse.... Or my favorite, they hear a crying baby but don't see him lol

Quoting MomRocs1102:

I don't think using a wrap is extra, I don't have one for dd, but shes only 2weeks and 1day so its not like we've been out and about.

SoltaniMommy
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:16 PM

Loved it. 

MomRocs1102
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:48 PM

Thanks, how long does this wrap last, shes gonna be chunky, i just want it to be secure for her weight.  with ds i didn't use a wrap or anything because he came out over 9lbs so i was nervous

Quoting JalensMommy2012:

Awwww congratulations.

I absolutely love mine and I'm kinda sad he's outgrowing it. When they are that little (my son was a month old when I first started using it) it was great. I could go out and he would be completely covered up and I didn't have to worry about people wanting to touch him. It was always funny when people didn't realize it was a baby tied to me and then I'd pop his head for a bottle or while I readjusted to nurse.... Or my favorite, they hear a crying baby but don't see him lol

Quoting MomRocs1102:

JalensMommy2012
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:57 PM
The instructions said 32lbs but that's a bit much. We won't know my sons official weight until next month at his 6 month check up, but I'm willing to bet this dude is somewhere between 18 and 20 lbs. But Its a breeze to carry him in it.

My issue is now he wears shoes and has a habit of kicking them off his feet, and now I can't "pocket" his legs (after awhile he gets uncomfortable with that part) so I spend the whole time checking to make sure he still has his shoes on while we are out.

My aunt brought me a sling also and its never been out of the package because the Moby stole my heart at first use

Quoting MomRocs1102:

Thanks, how long does this wrap last, shes gonna be chunky, i just want it to be secure for her weight.  with ds i didn't use a wrap or anything because he came out over 9lbs so i was nervous

Quoting JalensMommy2012:

Awwww congratulations.

Quoting MomRocs1102:

GoddessNDaRuff
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 1:37 PM

I want to use one with this baby. ' I'm mad they are damn near or over $50 but my ass is cheap. My husband is like oh that's cheap. I'm like (eye twitching) it's a piece of damn cloth! Cute cloth but still.

Since you've used one does it distribute the weight better than other carriers instead of all the impact going on your shoulders? I'm going to be so dang busy getting stuff packed up I'm not going to be able to sit still with her like I did with my boys so I need something that will make it comfortable to hold her, but hands free so I can work.

TameraZoli
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:25 PM

it definitely is not extra - a carrier can really come in handy! i didn't love the moby so i ended up getting a baby k'tan carrier, which i LOVE!, and it is a huge help. it's a lot easier to put on than the moby wrap, so maybe that's a good option for her. but defintiely any carrier that will help free up your hands is a huge help.

JalensMommy2012
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:01 PM
Yes. IMO it distributes the weight a lot better. My son is a chunky little guy and I feel no pressure on my shoulders or lower back when he's it it. It works great in the house (I am known to do everything but cook with him in it) and outside. He has a stroller he has NEVER rode in because I feel like the wrap is so much easier, and we get that closeness.

It was well worth those 69.00 it cost us lol.

Quoting GoddessNDaRuff:

I want to use one with this baby. ' I'm mad they are damn near or over $50 but my ass is cheap. My husband is like oh that's cheap. I'm like (eye twitching) it's a piece of damn cloth! Cute cloth but still.

Since you've used one does it distribute the weight better than other carriers instead of all the impact going on your shoulders? I'm
going to be so dang busy getting stuff packed up I'm not going to be
able to sit still with her like I did with my boys so I need something that will make it comfortable to hold her, but hands free so I can work.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)