Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

Any Steve Harvey fans out there?

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 4:14 PM
  • 11 Replies

I am a huge Steve Harvey fan. I have been following his career since Showtime At the Apollo. Recently, he featured America's Supernanny. I had no idea she was a sister. She's like Mary Poppins, Michelle Obama, and Judge Mablean all in one.  I have started recording her show too.

Do you feel like you need some reinforcements when your children are going crazy?

by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 4:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
krisdev67
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 6:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm not a huge fan.  I used to listen to his show all the time when it first aired on the east coast however I don't as much anymore.  Mainly because I got soooooo tired of his staff bragging out his money etc.  Also, his book didn't tell women anything that we didn't already know OR could have gotten from male relatives.  I used to listen to him and Michael Baisden a lot however I realize that their personalities turn me off (sometimes) not all the time. 

I will admit my fav part of SHMS is the Strawberry Letter (although Shirley's responses are a bit off and about the same most of the time).  But in regards to the nanny thing.  Nope never seen any of them and my kids didn't go crazy.  Well, not that crazy.  I allowed them to get that energy out and once I had enough I told them to sit their little asses down.

michaelsmom25
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 6:33 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm not really a fan of him per say, but I'd love to hear his morning show on the radio.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
michaelsmom25
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 6:37 PM
I did catch that episode with the nanny on my day off last week. I saw her show about a year ago when it first aired. I like her!
MomRocs1102
by Gold Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 7:51 PM

I love his stand up, super funny.  Dh is reinforcement and its not because ds is going crazy, its because im so mad i step away.

ayacocca
by Gold Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 7:52 PM

His morning show is funny.. Jr. is corny but hilarious.

Girlzmachine
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 7:55 PM

I am a big fan and I watch his talk show everyday... As for the  super nanny, I don't feel I would ever need reinforcements with my kids. I can handle all 5 of them all by myself with no problems..they don't get as wild and disrespectful as some of the kids on the show. besides, I don't agree with some of the supernanny's techniques. They are just not realistic. each child is different and you have to deal with them on a personal level.I just don't understand how some parents lose complete control over their kids..

Tish_Hughes
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:03 PM

I don't care for him at all, especially that morning show and those annoying voices. I wish they would play Rickey Smiley instead.

Simply3
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:16 PM

His morning show is okay...as far as his show I don't watch it.

Believe86
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:52 PM
I listen to his morning show. I've only caught a couple of his talk show episodes. I do like his standup and the Steve Harvey show that use to come on.
.Peaches.
by Le Chatte Noire on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:05 PM

I'm a fan...not a huge fan, but a fan.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)