Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

So the African American nameing post went poof?

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:46 PM
  • 74 Replies

sticking out tongue

by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bunsmommy
by Ruby Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:48 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm not saying yes, but I am saying it ain't here no more!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
luvthagirl
by Gold Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:54 PM
Which one?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hottmomma607
by Group Mod - Trica on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:00 PM
Wait what???
ebbierowe
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:02 PM
The one asking wht some people preferred the term African American
Bunsmommy
by Ruby Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:04 PM
You missed it. In a nutshell, some good and decent white girl decided to grace us minorities with her presence and ask why we sometimes call ourselves African Americans. Now, she has several black friends and them nor their mothers knew and she asked the AAs in one of her college classes but none of them knew. And first she came on CM and decided to ask the question in MC. And yes, she actually said as a minority group we should be happy someone like her chose to ask us that question!

Quoting luvthagirl:

Which one?
luvthagirl
by Gold Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah I remember that one, I didn't bother entertaining her

Quoting Bunsmommy:

You missed it. In a nutshell, some good and decent white girl decided to grace us minorities with her presence and ask why we sometimes call ourselves African Americans. Now, she has several black friends and them nor their mothers knew and she asked the AAs in one of her college classes but none of them knew. And first she came on CM and decided to ask the question in MC. And yes, she actually said as a minority group we should be happy someone like her chose to ask us that question!

Quoting luvthagirl:

Which one?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SunFlower700
by Gold Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh that one.  I thought the OP was referring to the other 3 ones.  LOL  I thought the OP of that thread said she was going to delete it and unjoin the forum when she got her answer.  I guess she got her answer.  I don't bother replying to that thread. 

Quoting Bunsmommy:

Quoting luvthagirl:

Which one?

GoddessNDaRuff
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:29 PM
3 moms liked this

oh so us lil negras should be happy the good white folks want to know what we'd like to be called. SMH

Quoting Bunsmommy:

Quoting luvthagirl:

Which one?

Bunsmommy
by Ruby Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:51 PM

See, you caught that too! 

Quoting GoddessNDaRuff:

oh so us lil negras should be happy the good white folks want to know what we'd like to be called. SMH

Quoting Bunsmommy:

Quoting luvthagirl:

Which one?

Diamondblue1
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:51 PM
I was going to post something about that. I went to see my reply and i went POOF on me:(
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)