Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

AM I WRONG?

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:44 AM
  • 25 Replies

Good morning Ladies!!!! Hope everyone is having a blessed day today. Okay so, my issue is that my dh and I have had a convo regarding my ss and seeing his mom. My ss has not seen his mom in 2 years and calls like once a month. She has recently had a baby and is expecting to make arrangements for ss to come and see her. The thing is is that she is not working and is not going to make any effort at all to get ss. So dh is taking it upon himself to plan to pay for ss to go and see her and the baby. Dh states that she just had a baby and she is not working so I am doing this for ss.

I do not agree with this at all. I think that she should meet dh half way especially money wise if she really wants to see her kid. Besides that, dh barely takes care of responsibilities at home without having to add this one. Dh says that I am selfish, but how am I selfish I am the one being there for my ss when she is not. Also I do not take 2 years for me to make arrangements for me to see my child. I barely let my child have sleep overs because I will miss them wayyyy too much. I think I should talk to her I am not for sure. But, I did tell dh if he plans to send him down there or pay for it that he can pack his stuff as well and go stay with bm and live out of her vehicle. IJS

Any insight on this at all ladies? Please give me input.

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luvthagirl
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:56 AM
2 moms liked this
I think you should remove your feelings/emotions out of the situation and just think about your SS, I'm sure he would love seeing his Mom and new sibling
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hopealways4019
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:58 AM
3 moms liked this
He allowed to pay for the child that he help create, to go visit his mother and new sibling. If his mother really ain't in the position financially or physically to make arrangements? But your husband can? Then he should. Don't let your personally feelings you harbor against his ex. Keep your husband from making a reasonable decision.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SiriSilasMom
by Kanyetta East on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:00 AM

I agree. 

It wouldn't be an everyday/often situation.

Quoting luvthagirl:

I think you should remove your feelings/emotions out of the situation and just think about your SS, I'm sure he would love seeing his Mom and new sibling

Simply3
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:20 AM

I agree

Quoting luvthagirl:

luvthagirl
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:27 AM
1 mom liked this
Also, I agree with your husband about you being selfish. Don't let money come between your SS and his Mom. Now that's Love
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamaofficer
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:52 AM

If she does not have the money, then its very nice of him to pay for it.

goodmama85
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:54 AM
I wanna know how in the hell is she taking care of a new baby if she has no money???
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kmpfamilyfirst
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:56 AM

Quoting luvthagirl:

Also, I agree with your husband about you being selfish. Don't let money come between your SS and his Mom. Now that's Love

I agree completely with that. Thank You. I think I was thinking that because he has some "issues" financially and we are not financially able at this time. As far as me being selfish....Yeah I admit I may be but on that part I was thinking that as far as bm I don't think it should have taken her 2 years to see her child.

I am def gonna have to let that go and remain positive as well. Have you been in this situation before?

kmpfamilyfirst
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:08 AM

Quoting mamaofficer:

Yes, That is very nice of him. But she has a husband as well.

mamaofficer
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:10 AM

Oh well that's a horse of a different color, he should be paying. Does he work?

Quoting kmpfamilyfirst:

Quoting mamaofficer:

Yes, That is very nice of him. But she has a husband as well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN