• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My friend's husband cursed me out for no reason?

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:48 PM
  • 12 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you give up a friendship with your girlfriend because of her insecure spouse?

Options:

yes

no

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 11

View Results

When I was married to my ex-husband he had a co-worker that he was extremely close to. His friend's wife and I became friends against their control and we have been friends since. We had to sneak around just to be friends because our spouses were controlling men and once I decided to get out of my marriage, my ex's friend does not want his wife hanging with me at all. She's been there for me and visa versa and we are like sisters, well last weekend she and her husband got into a nasty fight and her husband called me and told me that he would beat me up if I attempted to ruin his marriage which is really crazy. I am pro marriage, I just could not deal with  my husband and his lying, cheating, disrespectful ways, so I took our daughters and divorced him. I have not seen her husband since my divorce going on two years, but I am a target for him, first because of my ex.  My ex has given him permission during our marriage to curse me out because they are both jerks and second because I stood up to my ex and got out. The voicemail message he left was very threatening and hurtful, but at the same token I'm not willing to give up my friendship with his wife. I can back off until things cool down for them, but some people tell me that I should leave her alone, so I won't get hurt. I don't know what to do because I've known her going on 8 years.

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
queensweet
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:45 PM
First u should have cursed his a** out! No way should he think he can get away with BS like that! Secondly u need to give up this relationship with her. She is polluted from the toxicity of her husband. U already know she is going to take his side regardless of what he does. So why bother? Unless u r a glutton for punishment.
Hottmomma607
by A_Diva2Hot2Handle on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:47 PM
5 moms liked this

This is beyond friendship! He sounds controlling&unstatable! And much as I love my friend but I would love my life much more! I would give the friendship! I know you care for your friend&wanna be there for her but she is where she wants to be! Dude has issues and he has already shown he'll snap&pop on anyone!

Stacey1081975
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I would curse his a** out something terrible and than I would ask her what was she going to do as far as our friendship because I will not be dealing with his bullsh*t at all...

akingsmom
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:56 PM
I would say let it go. Unless u consider her a very close friend. My Bffl got married young to an abusive cheating disrespectful poor excuse of a man. Whenever she went through it I went through it. And when I went through it so did she. When she would need to get away she came to me...at least until he found out where I.lived. We both were stalked for YEARS (he's still stalking her now) we both had to get PPO'S . N that's still my. bitch. I guess it depend on da situation though.
mrzsimmons322
by Crystal on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:21 PM
This

Quoting Hottmomma607:

This is beyond friendship! He sounds controlling&unstatable! And much as I love my friend but I would love my life much more! I would give the friendship! I know you care for your friend&wanna be there for her but she is where she wants to be! Dude has issues and he has already shown he'll snap&pop on anyone!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kandipie22
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:47 PM
Quoting mrzsimmons322:

x2
MamaFrankie
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:54 PM

go press charges against his punk ass

ksbondgirl
by Bond's Girl on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Keep tabs on her.  She may need you one day.

mjackson77
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:39 PM

I agree. Keep in touch and let her know you are here for her if she needs you.

Quoting ksbondgirl:

Keep tabs on her.  She may need you one day.

iamsunflower
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:16 PM
It's a hard thing to do, and I guess I will slowly have to ween myself away from her for awhile. I'm not going just stop being her friend because of her crazy husband, she was there for me when everyone else turned their back on me after I divorced my husband. I will take all your comments into consideration because I do have to look out for my safety first. Thanks
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)