Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

was anyone else disappointed?

Posted by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:10 AM
Mel
  • 23 Replies
With the coretta betty movie?

The movie about the friendship between coretta king and betty shabass. Idk, I had high expectations and it was kinda blah to me.
Maybe I'll watch it again to see if it grows on me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaFrankie
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:11 AM
I missed and Wendy Williams even reminded me about it . I got caught up watching dirty dancing they played it on tv local station I was so excited LOL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JakesMom712
by Mel on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:18 AM
Ruby dee was good. Mary j should stop trying to act. And angela Basset....

Idk, the acting was off and the storyline sucked. Plus it kinda pissed me off when they kept bringing up kings "indiscretions". Idk maybe its just me.

Quoting MamaFrankie:

I missed and Wendy Williams even reminded me about it . I got caught up watching dirty dancing they played it on tv local station I was so excited LOL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MummiMayI
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:20 AM

I wasn't impressed, I didn't expect much though. Only reason I watched was b/c I was at my Mom's and she put it on.

Simply3
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:12 AM
It was okay, but I expected it to be more.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Pooobaihr
by Silver Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:14 AM
The what?
nikabear
by Platinum Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:16 AM
I thought that it was great! It focused on them more so than their husbands. I had no idea that they were so close and all that they did for each other. It was a great movie based on a friendship bond that was never broken!!!
mom2kortni
by Silver Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:16 AM
Man, I missed it.
leaniece
by Platinum Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:23 AM
2 moms liked this
Kings indiscretions? I had no idea. I knew the movie was coming out but don't have cable. I don't know if I would have high expectations of a movie starring Mary J Blige after seeing that hilarious Burger King Ad lol. Anything for a check, :)
.Peaches.
by Le Chatte Noire on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:35 AM

Anyone know where I can catch it online? This sacrificing cable to go on this cruise is KILLIN me...I had to say "Yes" when he asked me if I was SURE that was the bill I wanted to cut LOL

Mommabearbergh
by Gold Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:48 AM

I think they brought it up because it was a serious fight for her to keep them confidential. She knew it would tarnish his image that she worked years for after he died. Till this day I don't think the actual tapes have been released

Quoting JakesMom712:

Ruby dee was good. Mary j should stop trying to act. And angela Basset....

Idk, the acting was off and the storyline sucked. Plus it kinda pissed me off when they kept bringing up kings "indiscretions". Idk maybe its just me.

Quoting MamaFrankie:

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN