Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

S/O Could you with 50$?

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:27 AM
  • 23 Replies

feed your family in your state for a week? Why or why not? What would you eat? would you eat healthy? Can it be done? I always thought it could not until a few years back when I was reading a blog and found out it could be done anywhere. I was shocked I was sure Id be eating hot dogs, and box macaroni for dinner but I was surprised to see women all over the world women doing this and some eatting some organic stuff too. Anywho just wondering if anyone in here could do it?

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.Peaches.
by Le Chatte Noire on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:29 AM
1 mom liked this

I could, but only for about 3 or 4 days...it wouldn't be the healthiest of meals, but it wouldn't be pure junk either. I have a family of 5, with 3 girls who eat like boys lol

Stacey1081975
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 6:21 AM

Yes, Because I would make something the you can eat for at least 2 days, Lasagna, yes, yes,

I have feed my family on less.

luvthagirl
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:41 AM
I'm not sure, I've never try it and we are a family of 3
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JalensMommy2012
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:29 AM
2 moms liked this
How long is the 50 dollars supposed to last? That will determine my answer.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
honey27
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:48 AM

i can for about 2 weeks if not 3. my years of being a single mom taught me you can make a dollar out of 15 cents.

luvthagirl
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:06 PM
Now exactly how would you do that? What would be on the menu?

Quoting honey27:

i can for about 2 weeks if not 3. my years of being a single mom taught me you can make a dollar out of 15 cents.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nikabear
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:16 PM
Maybe a week and that's stretching it!!! He'll my girls eat more than my son so that might be two days worth of food.......
Hottmomma607
by Group Mod - Trica on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:55 PM
Mmmm it could be possible? I have a family of 5. I can make a couple meals that can turn into leftovers. But $50 is not a lot!
misssy2000
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:07 PM

Yea!!!!! That is awesome!!! Most don't think they could do that. I have done it and surprisingly with healthy food. YOu can do it for the whole week, but one meal would be soup with no meat, just broth. I have learned to have 5 meals with 1 whole chicken, or 6 chicken breast. I am always shocked and surprised its possible. We are switching to gluten free so now I really need to re-budget, because the gluten free stuff is expensive so I am gonna try to reduce our budget big time.

Quoting .Peaches.:

I could, but only for about 3 or 4 days...it wouldn't be the healthiest of meals, but it wouldn't be pure junk either. I have a family of 5, with 3 girls who eat like boys lol

misssy2000
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:08 PM

ITs not you would have to be creative.

Quoting Hottmomma607:

Mmmm it could be possible? I have a family of 5. I can make a couple meals that can turn into leftovers. But $50 is not a lot!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)