Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

shes sick :( advice please!...EDIT

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:33 AM
  • 8 Replies

DD is 5 months and has came down with a cold. She's coughing, sneezing, her eyes are watering up, and her nose is running. She seems to be miserable and I hate seeing her like this...any advice?

ETA: I've been home for about 2hrs now after taking DD to Children's. They said she just has a cold and there's not I can do besides continue to keep her nose clear and give her meds for the discomfort that she feels. I hate that I can't knock her cold out like I can do mines, I just hate seeing her suffer. The look she gives me just breaks my heart.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
TrulyMicka
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:34 AM

take her to the doctor bc she is too young for those symptoms..& u cant give her anything...you dont want it to turn into pneumonia

Hottmomma607
by Group Mod - Trica on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:47 AM
At 5months old,bringbto the doctor! Or let her ride it out! But she's still young I'll take her in if I was you?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Dana267
by Group Mod on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:05 AM

take her to the doctor

Simply3
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:26 AM
I agree take her in.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
flawskii
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:28 AM

I am...thanks ladies

MamaFrankie
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:38 AM

Take her to the doctor or ER. or one of those Urgant care places asap

wearymoon
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:19 PM

I agree. My fear would be pneumonia also.

Quoting TrulyMicka:

take her to the doctor bc she is too young for those symptoms..& u cant give her anything...you dont want it to turn into pneumonia

CatFishMom
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:26 PM

Let the shower run hot to fill the bathroom with steam and/or give her a warm bath with some of the Vicks baby wash stuff in the water. The steam will help a little with the nose. Little Noses brand has saline solution thats safe for all ages, and become an expert with an aspirator! For the cough, if she sounds congested and it's not just the post nasal drip, pat her back to help it break up. Keep her slathered with baby Vicks (it's lighter than regular vicks) because that helps too, and put a humidifier in her room. Youd have to ask the doctor if you should use a cool or hot mist-I can never remember which is better. Poor little things are miserable when theyre sick but theres nothing you can give them unless it gets to the point where they need an acutal antibiotic; if it's just a cold, they won't give you one. I hope she feels better soon!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)