Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

Leaving the group

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:08 AM
  • 40 Replies
3 moms liked this

Not this one, I joined a group for "Latina Moms" and omfg yo, they are not welcoming to me because i'm "mixed." not 100% latina....the fuck?

How is it I'm not AA and you all welcomed me dispite the color of my skin and ethnic background / mix?!

i'm kinda livid because this is exactly WHY I still struggle today with identity issues. It's hurtful.

Sorry for the vent but It irrratates me bro. This group is my fav group because we have so much fun, it's a great support group for what i'm going thru right now and I'm hurt other groups arent as welcoming , laid back and well opened minded as this one. I litterally joined this group when i was pregnant and had scramble egg brain thinking it said "ALL AMERICAN MOMMIES" not African american LOL

and quiet frankly, I'm happy I misread it .

I just wish more people where open minded. =/

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
naj2013
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:23 AM

i feel you, i'm not mixed but i know there's a lot of mixed latina like yourself thats going through the same thing, it sucks.

Mommabearbergh
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:24 AM

My niece has had that happen to her because by looks you would have thought she was 100% latina then you meet my sister. In the end my niece has kiss my ass attitude. in her words "I am st thomian". In the end if they don't accept you their loss...in the words of my dad before he got saved "FUCK EM"

MamaFrankie
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:25 AM

Quoting naj2013:

i feel you, i'm not mixed but i know there's a lot of mixed latina like yourself thats going through the same thing, it sucks.

i'm puerto rican dominican and irish and scottish - and  wws adopted on top of that by my italian step father LOL

it's really messed up the Latino community is so closed minded because my children are my mixed PLUS cuban so i worry about them being disrespected or not excepted because the whte ommunity calls me hispanic so it sucks

MamaFrankie
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:27 AM

Quoting Mommabearbergh:

My niece has had that happen to her because by looks you would have thought she was 100% latina then you meet my sister. In the end my niece has kiss my ass attitude. in her words "I am st thomian". In the end if they don't accept you their loss...in the words of my dad before he got saved "FUCK EM"

I want to leave em a "fuck you" post but idk LOL

goins1119
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:42 AM
2 moms liked this

I am also glad that you misunderstood the name and joined our group. Don't allow negative people to break your spirit. God made you in your unique way. Think of how boring life would be if we all looked and acted the exact same way. You are beautiful, afterall, you were made in God's image. There will always be haters among us.

I really enjoy our AAM group too. We have alot of interesting discussions. Of course we have our drama diva's in this group too, but for the most part. It's an awesome group!

I do understand what you mean about some of the other groups. I am a member of a Cafemom group called Confessions.  Last week a woman confessed that she killed her husband and that she just recently got out of prison after serving twenty years for the murder. She wanted advice on how and when to tell her current lover. Man, those mommies in that group might as well have been part of a lynch mob or part of the Klu Klux Klan or some other hate group. They went in on her. So I understand exactly what you mean.

Quoting MamaFrankie:

Not this one, I joined a group for "Latina Moms" and omfg yo, they are not welcoming to me because i'm "mixed." not 100% latina....the fuck?

How is it I'm not AA and you all welcomed me dispite the color of my skin and ethnic background / mix?!

i'm kinda livid because this is exactly WHY I still struggle today with identity issues. It's hurtful.

Sorry for the vent but It irrratates me bro. This group is my fav group because we have so much fun, it's a great support group for what i'm going thru right now and I'm hurt other groups arent as welcoming , laid back and well opened minded as this one. I litterally joined this group when i was pregnant and had scramble egg brain thinking it said "ALL AMERICAN MOMMIES" not African american LOL

MamaFrankie
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:49 AM

When you have an annon button, everyone grows a sack of balls LOL i just posted something in the LATINA group calling it out I'll update yous

Quoting goins1119:

I am also glad that you misunderstood the name and joined our group. Don't allow negative people to break your spirit. God made you in your unique way. Think of how boring life would be if we all looked and acted the exact same way. You are beautiful, afterall, you were made in God's image. There will always be haters among us.

I really enjoy our AAM group too. We have alot of interesting discussions. Of course we have our drama diva's in this group too, but for the most part. It's an awesome group!

I do understand what you mean about some of the other groups. I am member of a Cafemom group called confessions. A woman confessed that she killed her husband twenty years ago. She was out of prison and wanted advice on how and when to tell her current lover. Man, those mommies in that group might as well have been part of a lynch mom or part of the Klu Klux Klan or some other hate group. They went in on her. So I understand exactly what you mean.

Quoting MamaFrankie:

wearymoon
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:24 PM

LOL, I like your dad. My favorite phrase and I am trying my best to get saved.

Quoting Mommabearbergh:

Hottmomma607
by Group Mod - Trica on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:29 PM
3 moms liked this
Girl you already home! Don't let them bother you! Well its funny b/c when mamas Latinas started they sent EVERYONE an invite! A lot of said are we really invited?? Since we weren't Latina!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
madcat500
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:28 PM

you do,'t have to aa to be in this group

MamaFrankie
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:31 PM
Que stupidias

Quoting Hottmomma607:

Girl you already home! Don't let them bother you! Well its funny b/c when mamas Latinas started they sent EVERYONE an invite! A lot of said are we really invited?? Since we weren't Latina!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)