Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

Not this one, I joined a group for "Latina Moms" and omfg yo, they are not welcoming to me because i'm "mixed." not 100% latina....the fuck?

How is it I'm not AA and you all welcomed me dispite the color of my skin and ethnic background / mix?!

i'm kinda livid because this is exactly WHY I still struggle today with identity issues. It's hurtful.

Sorry for the vent but It irrratates me bro. This group is my fav group because we have so much fun, it's a great support group for what i'm going thru right now and I'm hurt other groups arent as welcoming , laid back and well opened minded as this one. I litterally joined this group when i was pregnant and had scramble egg brain thinking it said "ALL AMERICAN MOMMIES" not African american LOL

and quiet frankly, I'm happy I misread it .

I just wish more people where open minded. =/

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:08 AM
Replies (31-40):
MamaFrankie
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 8:00 PM

sorry im hyper sesintive im going threw alot and was just taken back by my dh filing divorce behind my bak

Quoting Tish_Hughes:

T Swift Frankie!! Trying to lighten up the mood.

Quoting MamaFrankie:

Quoting Tish_Hughes:

I knew you were trouble when you walked in! So shame on me now, flew me to places I'd never been

???

kandipie22
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:32 PM
Don't worry about baby, you are most welcome here with your AA sisters!! We love you regardless of your race!!
ksbondgirl
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:37 PM

sad

ksbondgirl
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:40 PM

Yeah, I wondered why I got an invite!  LOL!  I look the part but no thanks!

Quoting Hottmomma607:

Girl you already home! Don't let them bother you! Well its funny b/c when mamas Latinas started they sent EVERYONE an invite! A lot of said are we really invited?? Since we weren't Latina!

Tish_Hughes
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:57 PM
Okay. Didn't mean to offend, sorry.

As for your husband, did he realize that he was acting like a lil b?

Quoting MamaFrankie:

sorry im hyper sesintive im going threw alot and was just taken back by my dh filing divorce behind my bak

Quoting Tish_Hughes:

Quoting MamaFrankie:

Quoting Tish_Hughes:

I knew you were trouble when you walked in! So shame on me now, flew me to places I'd never been

???

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
queen_k0302
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:32 PM
This group is by far my favorite also. You can be honest when asked for an opinion and it be ok that you have your own. Being comfortable with you and what you want for yourself establishes your identity.
My mom always had wise words for me. :)
Hottmomma607
by Group Mod - Trica on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:50 PM
Oh ok!! LOL

Quoting ksbondgirl:

Quoting Hottmomma607:

Girl you already home! Don't let them bother you! Well its funny b/c when mamas Latinas started they sent EVERYONE an invite! A lot of said are we really invited?? Since we weren't Latina!

kitcal78
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:23 PM
Wow that group has a lot of nerve. If your not all Caucasian they you qualify as a minority.

It amazes me that people have the balls to discriminate period. We all bleed red. The other stif doesn't matter.
nikabear
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:26 PM
Oh no!!! Really? He did not do that!!!!

Quoting MamaFrankie:

Quoting Tish_Hughes:

Quoting MamaFrankie:

Quoting Tish_Hughes:

???

ksbondgirl
by Gold Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:37 PM
1 mom liked this

That's me on the right in the purple jacket.  This is the twins' 5th grade graduation.  My dh is on the left.  I used to have my wedding photo up as my avatar.  I have been mistaken for just about every nationality there is.  (Please excuse my "allergy face".)

Quoting Hottmomma607:

Oh ok!! LOL

Quoting ksbondgirl:

Quoting Hottmomma607:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)