Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

White mom group question? Here ya go Dana..

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:18 AM
  • 47 Replies
2 moms liked this
Ladies, I am going to play devil's advocate.. We already know Dana's and a couple others stance on white woman being in this group. my question is this..
If their was a white woman group( only in name because their are white mom groups, Irish, Italian, polish, etc already on cafemom) would you join? And why?
I know I would not join, I don't feel the need. Even if I adopted a white child, I certainly wouldn't go there to get parenting tip or help with grooming. Just an example..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Chelsea_rh
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:04 AM
I probably wouldn't. I'm mixed and I identify more closely with African American people....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mstricey
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:08 AM
No probably not.
I dont have a problem with white women being in this one though.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mom2kortni
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:16 AM
3 moms liked this
I'd have no reason to join. I wouldn't be curious what they discuss either.
SunFlower700
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:41 AM
No, I would have no interest in joining. I joined this group because outside of family, I have very few AA or AC friends. The black friends, majority are actual African immigrants. To be honest, it's not really the same. They have a different culture, so at times may not be able to relate to an AA or AC culture.
mamadee1971
by Dionne on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:44 AM
6 moms liked this

I probably wouldn't, either.  Just like I wouldn't join the Mama Latinas group, even though, I was sent an invite, a couple of years ago.  I'm not Caucasian or Latina...heck I wonder if there's a group for Asians and American Indians, but I have no issues with white women creating their own group or joining this group.  I just have a problem with some white women complaining that we (black women) have this, have that, and yet, they (white women and not all of them) never complain about why Asians, Middle Eastern folks, American Indians, and any other non-black/African have this or that. 

Sorry if I sound rambling, but I 've just woke up and waiting for my "java juice"  to work through my system.

sillytime
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:07 AM
6 moms liked this
No I would not join a white moms group. If I were Black and had adopted white children then yes I probably would. CM is a place for moms that want to communicate with other moms for many different reasons. As a white mom myself that has adopted 2 black children and have one biological white it's nice to ask questions about hair and culture on a forum that's opened to every kind of mom. I have many friends and relatives of every race and color. CM is a web sight for moms period. What's wrong with using this web sight to learn, laugh, enjoy, get tips and interact with moms of every color? I was invited to this group by my friend because she thought I would enjoy communicating with other moms that are parents to AA children. That's what we do here talk about our children and our lives. Getting feedback or tips on this sight is why I joined. Adopting my children was the hardest two years of my life. Court every month never knowing if they were going to be mine. I joined CM during that time and found it to be helpful on my journey to becoming a mom. Hope this clarifies things for you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tish_Hughes
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:21 AM
8 moms liked this
I joined Mamas Latinas for kicks. Actually checked it out and was bored as crap. Not to mention they started typing in Spanish and theirs is way too advanced for me. I left. So no, I wouldn't join. I have been apart of a certain group that was mostly white and it showed cause the things they joked about was just weird and not funny. Dead baby jokes? I don't know a single black woman who would even smirk at something like that. And maybe I'm being slightly racist but there is definitely a difference between us and them
Mrs.Sparkle
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:23 AM
1 mom liked this
I would not join a white moms group even though I am biracial because when people look at me they see a light skinned AA women not a women whos father is white. A lot of the white women on cafemom are very snarky and catty and I know that they would make things difficult. I wouldn't need to know things such as how they do their children's hair because that's common sense just as I don't feel women who are not black should creep into a AA moms group to LEARN how to care for an AA child. If they don't know how to care for that child then they should reevaluate things in their life.
CocolateLady
by BookWorm on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:27 AM
1 mom liked this

No I wouldn't. And don't care that some are here 

Deezeekay
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:29 AM

If there were a group named, "Caucasian American Mommies," I wouldn't even think about joining. I think I've seen some of the reasons for White women joining AAM  through out the years; some because they've adopted a Black child, their child/children is/are bi-racial, their boyfriend/husband is Black, their best friends are Black (j/k on the last reason).  My children are bi-racial, their father is White-I couldn't see myself joining a group that would be designed for White women based on my Husband being White and our children being half White. I did seek out a group years ago that was catered to women of bi-racial kids because my kids are. I also turned down an invite to "Latina Moms" because I am not Latina-I think years ago I got an invite to a "Psychotic Bitches" or something like that lol, because I am neither psychotic or a bitch. But that's just me-I stop trying to figure out why Non Black Women wanted into this group. I just roll with it......... 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)