Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hair hype

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:36 AM
  • 67 Replies

So, is your hair relaxed or natural? How are you rockin it nowadays?

I've been natural for about 6 years. I started locs 3 years and 2 months ago. I've been considering taking them down later this year or next.

by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Shaybay218
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:39 AM

Honey i'm natural been 2 years now and i'm tired of it...I get sew ins and keep it braided but i'm thinking about perming it soon...brazilian blow out dry my hair and scalp badly!

Delila12
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:42 AM

natural. I like it, but I don't know what products  get so it can stop looking nappy.

Janinja
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:43 AM
Natural about 2 years and what a hassle. I do twistouts and wash and go mostly. I wouldnt go back to relaxed at this point because ive put to much time into being "natural".
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Janinja
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:44 AM
1 mom liked this
I use a lot of shea moisture products and I love kinky curly knot today as a light leave in. Everyone is diffrent though took me forever to get the right combo for me.

Quoting Delila12:

natural. I like it, but I don't know what products  get so it can stop looking nappy.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Shaybay218
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:44 AM

I use asiam products and it work great or tey creme of nature

Quoting Delila12:

Shaybay218
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:46 AM

Yea Shea moisture is very good too!

Quoting Janinja:

I use a lot of shea moisture products and I love kinky curly knot today as a light leave in. Everyone is diffrent though took me forever to get the right combo for me.

Quoting Delila12:

Delila12
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:58 AM

Quoting Shaybay218:

Quoting Delila12:

I have Creme of Nature, but for some reason that one actually makes it more nappy. The cantu leave in makes it soft, but makes it look dry. If I could just find a happy medium, where it's shiny and tangle-free.

Delila12
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:00 AM

I'm going to have to look for it.

Quoting Shaybay218:

Quoting Delila12:

Shaybay218
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:01 AM

Try the Shea Moistures and I think Olive oil has products too...there are so many to choose from. Go to your local hair store like sally's and they have aisle full of different things

Quoting Delila12:

Quoting Shaybay218:

Quoting Delila12:

I have Creme of Nature, but for some reason that one actually makes it more nappy. The cantu leave in makes it soft, but makes it look dry. If I could just find a happy medium, where it's shiny and tangle-free.

Shaybay218
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:02 AM

Asiam work perfect for me it brings out my wave pattern tremendously...but my hair too can become very dry!

Quoting Delila12:

I'm going to have to look for it.

Quoting Shaybay218:

Quoting Delila12:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)