Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

should i ask? (pp in nq)

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:51 AM
  • 9 Replies
I told dh I wanted an NES system for V day. So he got it. He asked me if he gave it to me early would I still consider it a V day gift. I told him yes. Here is the thing though: HIM AND THE KIDS ARE ALWAYS ON MY SHIT! I can't get to play anything anytime except at 3am when I'm up with the baby. So should I tell him I want another gift for V day since everybody but me is enjoying the first gift?
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Stacey1081975
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:25 AM

No because he gave you what you asked for. I think you may want to remind them that it yours, As a mother we tend to forgot that we can have somethings just for us not the whole house. So make this your one thing that belongs to you and nobody else. IMO

hopealways4019
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:53 AM
You knew before he brought the system? That this is something the kids would enjoy too? So why did you ask for it? That's ungrateful asking him to buy something else. Valentine's is overrated anyway. Should be about spending quality time with the people you love. Not material things.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
spidermansmom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:06 AM
Quoting hopealways4019:

You knew before he brought the system? That this is something the kids would enjoy too? So why did you ask for it? That's ungrateful asking him to buy something else. Valentine's is overrated anyway. Should be about spending quality time with the people you love. Not material things.

Disagree! They have their own systems. I'm not in the habit of not getting something simply because my kids like it. I was asked what did I WANT and that was it. The thought that they would leave their own systems for mine did not occur.
luvthagirl
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:23 AM
1 mom liked this
He got what you asked for so IMO to ask for something else only because the entire family will share it is selfish, we teach our children to share it also apply to adults
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
inmybizz
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:25 AM

I agree with this. 

Quoting Stacey1081975:

No because he gave you what you asked for. I think you may want to remind them that it yours, As a mother we tend to forgot that we can have somethings just for us not the whole house. So make this your one thing that belongs to you and nobody else. IMO

Simply3
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:27 AM

This

Quoting Stacey1081975:

spidermansmom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:58 AM
Quoting Stacey1081975:

Very true. I think I may have to do this.
TrulyMicka
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:16 AM

lol no but like Stacey said...remind them that thats yours & dont feel bad about it

Stacey1081975
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:18 PM

I am not one of those parents that tell my children no a lot but I do have a few items that is mine just like they have a few items that belongs to them and I don't make them sure. My daughter's is all of her DS's and my son's is his Xbox 360, mine is my laptop. I would never make them share those items and I never allow them to use my laptop because I have a lot of work on it. And yes they have tablets.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN