Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

Poll

Question: Are you a healthy weight?

Options:

Yes

Could lose a few pounds

Overweight

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 36

View Results

• African American women have the highest rates of being overweight or obese compared to other groups in the U.S. About four out of five African American women are overweight or obese.
  • In 2010, African Americans were 1.4 times as likely to be obese as Non- Hispanic Whites.
  • In 2010, African American women were 70% more likely to be obese than Non-Hispanic White women.
  • In 2007-2010, African American girls were 80% more likely to be overweight than Non-Hispanic White girls.
  • Why are we so fat? Did you know that obesity is a disease? Share your thoughts on The Mask of Obesity. Learn how to fight the disease that if not treated, raises your risk at other diseases.

Voice out now!! http://www.themaskofobesity.com/

Thank you!

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:21 PM
    Replies (41-42):
    misssy2000
    by Gold Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:05 PM

If she asked I would ask her if she liked me to help her create a healthy meal plan.

Quoting Passion_Field:

Hello Ladies,

This question is for everyone.  What will be your best advice if you had a friend that was 75 pounds overweight and she reached out to you for help?

Passion_Field
    by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:33 PM

I really appreciate all of the positive comments everyone posted. My last quesion is how would you handle enablers? Do you truly believe in enablers?

Add your quick reply below:
    You must be a member to reply to this post.
    Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
    Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)