Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hey ladies it's been a little while I've been quite busy. thought I'd drop in for some advice. Dd is 27 months now Ive managed to limit her pacifier use to naps and bedtime since she was almost two. Well now it's time for the thing to go altogether. Me and her father don't see eye to eye to eye on this but for the past week hes let me do my thing. The problem I'm having is the whining she whines for it at night so to quiet the whining so daddy won't come and just give it to her Ive been laying with her til she falls asleep now I think she's become dependent on that. Any suggestions on how I can effectively wean her off without making myself a new dependency at bedtime? If it was just us two she'd be crying herself to sleep til she got over it. But I'm trying not to get daddy annoyed with the crying and he just gives it to her.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:55 PM
Replies (11-17):
tanishagreene
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol momma believe it or not thats what im doing to both of them hiding them from him and her smdh. I have a feeling though that if she gets to crying to bad he'll go buy her another one. Well she's in the bed now no me no paci but I let her dora movie play out and left the tv on tonight with the dora movie menu screen showing of dora (she loves dora) and I ain't heard a cry yet so I may have found a solution!!!!!!

Quoting Hottmomma607:

Hide the pacifiers from him!

Quoting tanishagreene:

Thanks mommy I wish I could just let her very it out but I know hes gonna come in behind me and just give her her pacifier (he is such a dick)

Quoting leaniece:

Let her cry it out. I had to do that with my two year old. It's hard at first but she learned that she had to sleep without me. She never had a pacifier but she used to sleep with me to nurse at 6 months and since then could not get her to sleep in her own room. When i decided to wean her,For about the first two weeks, she cried until she fell asleep. Then sleeping with her (no crying), to sitting next to her bed until she fell asleep (no crying). After about a month, we read a story, say prayers, then she goes to bed on her own like a big girl. While keeping up with the routine, she finally got used to me not being there. Like u, I disagreed with my hubby at first, but he seen this on Nanny 911 and it worked for us. If u give in to her demands, she will think that's how she can get her way. Persistence and being consistent helped us. You will get through this :D
rayroe2
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:32 PM

what you been busy doing?

moosesmom
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:52 PM
I just took my son's binky one day and threw it out. He cried A LOT but he got over it.
Stacey1081975
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:55 AM

Baby can't cry themselves to death... Let her cry it out and don't not sub yourself for the binky because she will start thinking she cant sleep without you in the bed with her. IMO.

.Peaches.
by Le Chatte Noire on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:03 AM
I let my girls hang into it until they were 3 and old enough to understand explanations of why it was time to let it go.
TrulyMicka
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:04 AM

I agree with you about her crying it out but since we cant do that bc of dad..we're gonna have to go with what a few other ladies said..hide it fom them both...It wont talk that long for her to forget about it...maybe a week if she is that stubborn..good luck tho bc pacies are no good for babies teeth

TrulyMicka
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:06 AM

my dd cried in her sleep for her pacy..omg i couldnt take it...i almost cried too bc i couldnt find it..thak goodness my other children didnt really take to it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)