Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

Every click on a post and

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:09 PM
  • 21 Replies

Regret it?  I did today just now.  I was in the January2013 moms group and i click on a post and the mom says shes leaving the group because she just lost her daughter to SIDS.  This made me sad and fearful.  I worry about things like this(when you have a new baby you tend to worry about everything) but lately so many babies are passing from sids my moms friend just buried her baby.  It just makes me nervous.  I just hate reading about things like this.  All i could say to her was how sorry i was for her loss.  I stare at my dd sleep and I check on ds while he is sleeping.  I function on a few hours of sleep a day, make 4 hours max.

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
leaniece
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:37 PM
Yes. I forgot what room it was in but her four year old son was brutally murdered 8 or 9 yrs ago by two young boys that lured him out of a store, took him not far from the store near train tracks so no one could hear. Beat him, brutally tortured him by stuffing batteries in his backside, tearing his nails, horrible, horrible acts. Those boys were 9 or 10 and they were about to be released b/c they were going to turn 18. She needed as many moms as possible to sign a petition to keep those little creeps in jail. I felt for her and of course signed the petition. I will never forget that story and ALWAYS keep an eye on my babies and cherish them everyday.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MomRocs1102
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:49 PM

OMG, They should have been tryed as adults for this.  I think that why some kids so crimes such as this they know they wont be in prison long.  Did the petition help?  I hope so

Quoting leaniece:

Yes. I forgot what room it was in but her four year old son was brutally murdered 8 or 9 yrs ago by two young boys that lured him out of a store, took him not far from the store near train tracks so no one could hear. Beat him, brutally tortured him by stuffing batteries in his backside, tearing his nails, horrible, horrible acts. Those boys were 9 or 10 and they were about to be released b/c they were going to turn 18. She needed as many moms as possible to sign a petition to keep those little creeps in jail. I felt for her and of course signed the petition. I will never forget that story and ALWAYS keep an eye on my babies and cherish them everyday.

leaniece
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:25 PM
I have no idea. I might google to see if I can search for the story. Reading that stuck with me ALL that day. :(

Quoting MomRocs1102:

OMG, They should have been tryed as adults for this.  I think that why some kids so crimes such as this they know they wont be in prison long.  Did the petition help?  I hope so

Quoting leaniece:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mommabearbergh
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:04 PM

I sometimes wish their was a warning specially when it got to that time in my moms group where a person could miscarry.

Stacey1081975
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:35 PM
2 moms liked this

ok Ladies 19 yrs ago my son died from SIDS, he was in the hospital 6 days (Feb 13 -19) before he passed and because of that i never celebrated Valentines Day but yesterday my 18yrs old son said Ma i want you to celebrate valentines day with me and Ladybug (my daughter). I couldn't refuse his offer. So this is the first Valentine in 19 yrs that I celebrated. I love my children and without them I am nothing.

falling in love Excuse any typo or run on sentences.

rayroe2
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:46 PM

That is sad!! How does SIDS happen???!!! I got a newborn. so I don't want to be doing anything wrong.

Stacey1081975
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 5:07 PM
1 mom liked this

(S)udden (I)nfant (D)eath (S)yndrome is the unexpected, sudden death of a child under age 1 in which an autopsy does not show an explainable cause of death.The cause of SIDS is unknown.

Quoting rayroe2:

That is sad!! How does SIDS happen???!!! I got a newborn. so I don't want to be doing anything wrong.

MomRocs1102
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 5:09 PM

My daughter is 1 month so i understand your worry.  kids health.org and go to SIDS, but every time ive heard of it, the baby is sleep and is smothered by accident which is why babies should sleep on their back not stomach, and there shouldnt be any fluffy things in the crib such as pillows and a lot of people are against bed sharing.  I was reading and baby also can over heat(to much clothing)

Quoting rayroe2:

Stacey1081975
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 5:15 PM

Actually if the child smothers the death certificate will say that but if your child die from SIDS is say SIDS.

Quoting MomRocs1102:

My daughter is 1 month so i understand your worry.  kids health.org and go to SIDS, but every time ive heard of it, the baby is sleep and is smothered by accident which is why babies should sleep on their back not stomach, and there shouldnt be any fluffy things in the crib such as pillows and a lot of people are against bed sharing.  I was reading and baby also can over heat(to much clothing)

Quoting rayroe2:

MomRocs1102
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 5:20 PM

My wording could be different but im sure she gets what i am saying and i also gave a site.  Thanks ive researched sids.

Quoting Stacey1081975:

Actually if the child smothers the death certificate will say that but if your child die from SIDS is say SIDS.

Quoting MomRocs1102:

Quoting rayroe2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)