Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

who has dated outside of their race?? if not, would you why or why not??? me personally, i never have, and i don't think I will...i love me some tall black men!! ;0)...lolz

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:47 PM
Replies (51-58):
HanaJoii
by Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 7:21 PM
1 mom liked this
I haven't... only because I haven't come across anyone that has caught my attention and I'm married now so I guess I never will. Well at least not anytime soon.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
2boys9yrsapart
by Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:44 PM
I would I like white and dark chocolate but can do without the milk chocolate.
rayroe2
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:23 PM

right like the white guy that was in the raven, immortals, and another movie.=]

Quoting .Peaches.:

I have. It was no biggie for me. Some of the people I knew seemed to have a problem with it, but that was their problem, not mine.

You don't control who you fall for, so never say never. Black men are sexy, but I'm equal opportunity, because I've seen some white guys that just....yeah.

Tish_Hughes
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 4:42 AM
Sexism? Explain that please.

Quoting lalasha:

I'm married to a white guy. I never dated any black men for a few reasons I live in a very white area and the black men in my community weren't really living a life style I wanted to live it was about being materialist and hood and I'm just not that way and they were to young I like older men and the older black men had kids or were married and in not a home wrecker and I'm not tryin to be a mama to someone else's babies. Some of the cultural norms for our community are repulsive to me. If I could have foud a black guy with the same goals as me and with out the sexist bullshit cause there is still a lot of sexism in the black community I GLADLY would have dated a married a black guy. It would be nice to see someone that looks like me has had similar experiences to me etc. but I'm perfectly happy with my pale husband he loves me and does his best to understand what it is like to be black in America.
longlegs272
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:52 PM
Yes, I have wishing I started earlier in my lifetime however, I always been attracted to Italian men I love him and we have to beautiful babies together so to be married. nothing against the black man lol smh
LADYxGHOST
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:56 PM

well if i was a black woman I wouldn't have to date outside my race, either!  Who doesn't love a tall black man? lol.  I have dated outside my color. Asian, black, Mexican and a few others.  I figure if we hit it off, what's the color of his skin or his country of origin have to do with anything?  If he is nice to me, has a job, and not in jail.......

lalasha
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 1:03 PM
There is a lot of mysoginist ideals in the black community like I know a lot of black men the don't do their own laundry, or cook for themselves if there is a women around, child care forget about it. Plus do you even listen to how women are spoken about? Atleast were I live, I think they get their ideas of "blackness" from the media, it is not a positive light.

Quoting Tish_Hughes:

Quoting lalasha:

I'm married to a white guy. I never dated any black men for a few reasons I live in a very white area and the black men in my community weren't really living a life style I wanted to live it was about being materialist and hood and I'm just not that way and they were to young I like older men and the older black men had kids or were married and in not a home wrecker and I'm not tryin to be a mama to someone else's babies. Some of the cultural norms for our community are repulsive to me. If I could have foud a black guy with the same goals as me and with out the sexist bullshit cause there is still a lot of sexism in the black community I GLADLY would have dated a married a black guy. It would be nice to see someone that looks like me has had similar experiences to me etc. but I'm perfectly happy with my pale husband he loves me and does his best to understand what it is like to be black in America.

Tish_Hughes
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 1:57 PM
Yeah I have heard how they talk about women.

Quoting lalasha:

There is a lot of mysoginist ideals in the black community like I know a lot of black men the don't do their own laundry, or cook for themselves if there is a women around, child care forget about it. Plus do you even listen to how women are spoken about? Atleast were I live, I think they get their ideas of "blackness" from the media, it is not a positive light.

Quoting Tish_Hughes:

Quoting lalasha:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN